Re: Arlo Smart Hub Port Forwarding not Working

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NathanZ05
Aspirant
Aspirant

So today we got our smart hub in and I've set it all up, the LAN storage is working but the port forwarding isn't working. I have my knowledge on technology and have port forwarded multiple times without trouble so I know what I'm doing.

So back on topic I did all of the port forwarding but in the Arlo app it still shows "Getting status" with the red and black ! mark.

A photo of the port forwarding that I've done is linked below, I got the the right port number and the right ip address that the smart hub is on, I also gave the base station a static Ip address so that's out of the story. 

I restarted the hub and don't want to factory restart sense its a lengthy process re-linking all the cameras, smart hub, etc. I looked online and couldn't find what I was looking for so that's why I'm asking this question, Thank you for your response 

Model: VMB4540 | Arlo Pro 3 SmartHub
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NathanZ05 wrote:

A photo of the port forwarding that I've done is linked below,

Not sure, but maybe try forwarding both UDP and TCP (instead of just TCP).

NathanZ05
Aspirant
Aspirant
I already have, it was in both to begin with but this same problem.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to clarify your network setup - Do you have an ipv4 WAN address, an ipv6 WAN address or both?

Also, you might want to verify that the port is actually open using https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ or a similar website. FWIW, some ISPs are using carrier grade NAT (cgn) for ipv4, and they might not support port forwarding.  

NathanZ05
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both and the port is open