Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart - Canadian Customers

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
crude_earl
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason, the app/website is allowing Canadian customers to subscribe to Arlo Smart plans and enable Smart notifications - it showed up for me one day, I subscribed and couldn't get it to work - came to the support site and noticed it's only available in the US.  Please take away the option for Canadian customers to buy/subscribe if we can't use it - you have my address.  Should be easy.

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @crude_earl,

Arlo Smart is available in Canada. What problems are you experiencing when using Arlo Smart?

crude_earl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can subscribe but when I set the smart notifications, none are recognized (ie people) and I get no notifications.  Happens with both cameras.

Also, if I take a camera out of smart then try to add it back in, there is an error message saying I don't have permissions to do that task.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to make sure, are you the main account holder or only have grant access? Are you experiencing this issue through both the mobile app and web client?

crude_earl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Primary account holder. Mobile app gives the error. Web just gives a Arlo waiting icon and does nothing even if you leave it for 30 minutes.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me PM you so I can gather more information to help you further.