Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Deactivate Arlo Smart feature for cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
dmarakowski
Guide
Guide

Anytime I try to drag a camera to deactivate the Arlo Smart features it never works.  On the website, it freezes and the "Please wait..." screen (see attachment).  On the mobile app, when I drag it, it drops down, then goes right back in the list!  This is so frustrating and I have never been able to get it to work. How can I fix this?  I restarted all my equipment and verified firmware is all up to date.

9 REPLIES 9
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

This doesn't work anymore since oer two weeks.

@dmarakowski wrote:

Anytime I try to drag a camera to deactivate the Arlo Smart features it never works.  On the website, it freezes and the "Please wait..." screen (see attachment).  On the mobile app, when I drag it, it drops down, then goes right back in the list!  This is so frustrating and I have never been able to get it to work. How can I fix this?  I restarted all my equipment and verified firmware is all up to date.

randomuser68
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Smart will not disable by web or app. Did chat with an agent, not resolved. This makes the cameras close to useless in warning of danger because Arlo Smart causes great delays in notifications.
eshutter
Guide
Guide
I agree, latest Android app update didn't resolve the issue. Notifications have become a mess, delayed by minutes, all of them come in one hit. Nobody from Netgear helping?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can disable SMart by going to Settings, Smart, Manage and Notifications, edit and drag cameras to the deactivated position.

eshutter
Guide
Guide
No I can't, that's half the problem, 8 of my cameras I was able to drag into inactive but another 6 of my cameras won't drag into inactive, they simply pop back into active. Other people are posting the same issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried both the app and a browser?

eshutter
Guide
Guide
Yes it doesn't work on both. The web is even worse, no cameras found when clicking the manage Arlo smart link. Tried chrome and internet explorer, same problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know what to tell you. I have no trouble moving cameras between Activated and Deactivated on W10 x64 using Chrome or Edge or on Android using the 2.6.4 app.

eshutter
Guide
Guide
I'm not the only one with this issue. Needs to be investigated.