Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Smart 30 Days in the Library not working. Tried contacting support team about this.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tjmitche
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo VMB4000r3 base station and one Arlo Pro camera as well as one Arlo Pro 2 camera.  I purchased the initial set up in June of this year and added the Arlo Pro 2 in September.

I started paying for the "Arlo Smart" basic offering with my initial purchase, This i supposed to store 30 days of video in the Library.  It is not doing this. At any given time, in my library is have available anywhere from 7 to 10 days of video.  So essentially I'm paying a monthly fee for nothing.
I created a tick with Arlo support and very clearly explained this issue.  What I got in reply was no help, they recommended reading some knowledge base articles on how to sign up for Arlo Smart.  Really?
I replied to the agent and let them know (again) I was a paying customer already and needed help understanding why I wasn't getting 30 days of backup.  Nothing.  In fact, I emailed them and replied through their web interface 4 times.
At one point I got an update to the ticket stating since I hadn't replied they were closing the case.  Again, I had replied 4 TIMES!. Every time I got a screen pop up indicating that my response had been added to my ticket and would be reviewed by the agent.
Clearly Arlo's online support service is ineffective.  I think Arlo, with its good hardware offering, has grown more quickly than their ability to support its customers. 

So I'm turning to this group to ask if anyone else is having this issue?  Is there any setting in my base station or anything else on my end that I may be able to do to resolve this?
My suspicion is that my account is just messed up.
Should I just cancel my paid monthly subscription since I'm getting zero value for my payments?

I'm really disappointed in Arlo's service model and if I weren't so happy with how the system works I'd ditch the whole thing and go a competitor.  I'm not there yet.  I just hope they grow their support model to better serve their customers.

Thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi tjmitche,

What Arlo Smart subscription do you have? Are you using Arlo Smart (per camera), Arlo Smart Premier, or Arlo Smart Elite?

tjmitche
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am subcribed to the Arlo Smart subscription.  30 days for each camera.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you since you mentioned that you contacted the support team regarding this.