Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 storage

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Follower
Follower
I always have good storage for a good 30 days usually! Thank you. But Nov. pit bull next door jumped the fence and ate my little cat!! The video, I was told by Animal Control would be all I need to get that dog and it's owner taken care of?! She sent video to her email and when we went to court they video was gone! Couldn't find it anywhere? I need to know why my cameras are losing videos and why doesn't it record all of the time? And where they go when you delete them?? Thank you, Beth
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to hear about your cat.

If you sent the animal control officer a shared link from the Arlo library: it is only shared for 24 hours, which is of course not enough for what you needed.

If you want to preserve a video, you need to download it (not share an email link).  Otherwise it will be deleted when the 30 days retention is up.  AFAIK, there is no way to get it back.

If your base station has a USB port, you can also connect local storage - that can give you an independent copy of what is being stored.  Still, I recommend copying the video to your PC or other place if you need to keep it.