Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart notifications not working this morning - Getting alerts for all motions

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RaGio
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro cam that continues to notify me for all motions even if I am using Arlo Smart and I have configured it to notify only for persons.

It started malfunctioning this morning and it still continues.

I have already tried to re-apply Smart settings to the cam and rebooted the Arlo Base Station.

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue?

1989KG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there

I have unchecked in my settings “all other motion” and I am still receiving notifications when the only setting left checked is “people”.

The slightest bush movement triggers a notification, at times I received upto 200 notifications despite turning this off in the settings, restarting the hub and devices etc.

Problem is still ongoing…
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1989KG wrote:

I have unchecked in my settings “all other motion” and I am still receiving notifications when the only setting left checked is “people”.

Is the rule configured to send you push notifications?  Or email/SMS.

My understanding is that the SMART filtering only applies to push notifications.

1989KG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there
I believe I configured that I won’t receive SMS/Email notifications only notifications via the Arlo app when motion is detected
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1989KG wrote:
I believe I configured that I won’t receive SMS/Email notifications only notifications via the Arlo app when motion is detected

How are the unwanted notifications being tagged?

1989KG
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Arlo app sends through notifications stating “motion detected” when it should only be notifying me if there is a person and/or vehicle.. I switched all other motions off.. so the app pushes notifications that motion has been detected, when I logon to the app I have a handful sometimes hundreds of notifications about motion
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@1989KG wrote:
The Arlo app sends through notifications stating “motion detected” when it should only be notifying me if there is a person and/or vehicle.. I switched all other motions off.. so the app pushes notifications that motion has been detected, when I logon to the app I have a handful sometimes hundreds of notifications about motion

Not sure why that is happening.

I do suggest double-checking the rule, and making sure you aren't using SMS or email notifications.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

Maybe also restart the camera and the base.