Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
DanielJo20
Star
Star

Hello

Bought the Arlo Ultra with one camera kit.

I live outside the US, and was told that subsciption is not available in my country (Israel).

i dont understand why the subscription is location specific?

is there any way to activate the subscription? if not, is there any way to know if it will be available in my location ?

Thank you 

Daniel

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Subscription plans are not available in some countries. For a list of countries where subscriptions are available take a look here, any new additions will also be added here over time:What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

There is no way to activate a subscription plan for a country outside of the eligible list.

JamesC

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Subscription plans are not available in some countries. For a list of countries where subscriptions are available take a look here, any new additions will also be added here over time:What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

There is no way to activate a subscription plan for a country outside of the eligible list.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An awkward workaround is to set the system up in a country with subscription support, using a credit card from that country. Unplug the system and move it to the permanent location.

DanielJo20
Star
Star

Or using VPN?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A router-based VPN would be needed since setup requires both the base and setup device to be on the same network.

DanielJo20
Star
Star

Do i need the system to be connected all the time via VPN?

Or just during the setup?

I will create aVPN via the router and connect the base station+my phone, set up the free year i get with the ultra and enter payment method

then dissconnect and connect to my regular network

Will that work?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It should be just during setup and subscribing. Of course, the VPN sevrer or apparent connection needs to be in a country that can get the subscription. I haven't done this so you may have to try different things to make it work. And I may be incorrect in the first place.

DooshyDoosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there Daniel.....where you able to activate your subscrebtion?.......am having the same issue.....1 extra usless camera...

Bertin
Tutor
Tutor

I bought the Arlo Ultra from Amazon, upon installation I got a prompt to activate my 1 month free subscription… but the box clearly states 1 year…

After a talk with customer support (very friendly at least. KUDOS!) They told me that the system is only intended to be used in the US for the 1 year free subscription. Way to go Netgear! You only state that the 911 feature will not be available outside the US. (As per screenshot from your website below).

Neatgear Arlo lies.png

YianniK
Guide
Guide

I am having the same  issues in Australia.  Just paid $129 for a yearly subscription.   NetGear / Arlo this is misleading as all packaging  clearly states one year Arlo Smart plan  Included.   No mention of selected countries only.  I will be taking this matter this up with ACL (Australia consumer law) and ACC

Regards,

unhappy  Arlo customer that has  total 8 cameras and three hubs!2D183EE0-0BD1-4B95-B210-C7391F1F685D.jpeg

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Eligibility for the included 1 year free plan is included for the location in which you purchased the kit. If purchased from Amazon US, the subscription plan will be eligible for use in the US.

For more information on subscription plans, take a look here: Arlo Subscription plans and Cloud recording

YianniK,

I will reach out to you in a private message to collect more information.

JamesC

TurboVR4
Guide
Guide

I have an existing Arlo Pro2 setup with Smart Premier and purchased the new Arlo Ultra 4 camera kit.  Per recommendations on this forum I created a new account with a different email and the system is only offereing me 1 free month instead of 1 year.  I am located in the US and bought the system at Best Buy.  I then canceled my Smart Premier on the Pro2 account and did get a prorated refund.  I also tried to add the Arlo Ultra to my original account since I canceled Smart Premier and it still only offers me a free month as well.  Uhggg!  

After an hour long chat session, support opened case 40817330 but no one has called me back.  They can't figure out why I'm only being offered 1 month instead of 1 year.  

JamesC might you be able to help get this resolved?  I'm open to any other suggestions.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TurboVR4,

A new account is not necessary to take advantage of the one year free plan included with your Arlo Ultra kit. If you do not have a subscription on your account currently, the free 1 year will be applied upon adding the SmartHub to your account.

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on the issue you're experiencing.

JamesC

qingkong3301
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am a Chinese user, I am buying an arlo ultra in Amazon, why can't I register for an activation subscription. How can I solve it?

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@qingkong3301 wrote:

I am a Chinese user, I am buying an arlo ultra in Amazon, why can't I register for an activation subscription. How can I solve it?

Where did you buy?

If in the USA, the cameras may be locked on to there.

It seems that you cannot move cameras around the world and expect the account to work.

I have had the same issue in the UK.

Maybe @JamesC can help.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
WarrenJ
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought the Arlo ultra 2 camera kit to replace my Arlo Pro Hub and Arlo Pro cameras. My 1 year subscription didn’t get applied to my account. Can you please help me. I’m from Australia.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

WarrenJ,

When you add the SmartHub to the account, the subscription will automatically be applied. I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Thomasjink
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just purchased this from the US for use in the UK. James are you saying I won't be able to use cloud services because of this?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thomasjink,

For Arlo Ultra to be able to save recordings to the cloud, you must have a subscription. The free 1 year subscription plan is only available in the country from which your kit was purchased. To take advantage of the free 1 year plan with Arlo Ultra, you would need to purchase a kit from the UK.

JamesC

Thomasjink
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's a bit annoying but thanks for clarifying. Too late now as it's on the way. As long as I can sign up for a plan in the future, can live with that?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thomasjink,

You should be able to sign up without issue in the future. When you receive the kit and have gone through setup, reach out to me in a private message and I will see if I can offer further assistance.

JamesC

Luke33
Tutor
Tutor

Just bought the 4 camera Utlra kit that comes with the one year free. Added it to my existing 5 camera Pro 2 system. Do I still need to purchase a higher plan to add the 4 new Ultra cameras as it is not letting me use them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Either unsubscribe from any existing subscriptions and then set up the Ultras or use a second email address for a new account just for the Ultras.

Luke33
Tutor
Tutor

No existing  subscription. The 5 pro cameras where never put on a  subscription. The Pro system is actually a 6 camera system but only used 5 out of the 6 as the sixth would not work without a  subscription plan.

mborkowski
Initiate
Initiate

I’m still a little confused. Is Arlo helping Canadians that purchased a Arlo Ultra on Amazon.com in obtaining the one year free premium subscription?

Thank you.