Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hsangueza
Initiate
Initiate

I bought four Arlo 2 cameras and a couple of lights a year ago during a business trip to US. When I came back home in Chile, I realize that these cameras are useless without a plan. Well, it was disappointing to get so many alerts during nights while sleeping because a tree branch was moved with the wind or a moth went through the cam. After a year, plans aren't available yet in Chile for no apparent reason. On the other hand, I got a Nest camera for my kids room and the plan works abroad seamlessly. After all, Arlo cams are great hardware with poor service. Could someone from Arlo share the plans to make this service available abroad, particularly in Chile?    

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hsangueza,

We currently don't have an ETA of when Arlo subscription will be available in Chile; however, there are discussions about this topic in the Arlo Idea Exchange. I encourage you to visit the link and offer your support by adding likes/kudos.

hsangueza
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks Jessica for the reply. Buying many cams is an important investment and the decision to scale the service shouldn't be left in client's hands or a voting. To decide scale the service to other countries is a customer service issue. If you already have it, why is it to complicated to open it to more countries? It doesn't make sense to me and haven't seen an response to that.
Moreover, it's been a year of waiting with no answer. I think Arlo should advice new clients on this issue in your home page. Otherwise, it can be understood as misleading advertising.
eherrerav
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same case here! I am really dissapointed with the Arlo service. Why you don't make it available to Chile? You think that we are not able to use it well? Just make available as it was in the US, and the rest leave it to us. Our families depend in your availability, we are not trying to avoid the charge, but just make it work in our country please...