Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mlewando
Star
Star

I too have the same problem, they have removed the inactive camera section. so i cannot swap out an active with an inactive when needed. (I have 6 cameras on the account and only 5 are authorized, and with the change that arlo made I cannot swap and inactive with active.

https://kb.arlo.com/1113097/How-do-I-reactivate-a-camera-that-I-deactivated

The inactive section does not exist any longer. 

Can we please get this corrected? 

63 REPLIES 63
Vykodyn
Tutor
Tutor

I currently have 4 active devices (3 Pro 2s and 1 Baby), I also have another Pro 2 and Baby.

Baby disconnection issues aside, I want to activate the currently inactive Pro 2, but there is no option to Manage Devices.  Online resources point to going to Settings > Subscription, but there is no option there (tried iOS app and Chrome), just a huge Ad to add a subscription.  My understanding is that I should be able to have 5 active devices without any subscription.

How can I manage my devices?

N8Suza
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue. Option to manage cameras has disappeared. Very annoying to be honest. Tried through chrome and Android app.
SelAnn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same problem and what I discovered is that I was only able to do this via the website and not via the app.
Give it a try,
SelAnn
SelAnn
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
See my answer in the previous question regarding this
Vykodyn
Tutor
Tutor

Hi SelAnn,

I've tried the website - no option comes up... 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just checked Android and web - same issue.  @JamesC 

Remove the camera from Settings, y Devices and resync.

rpetersen
Initiate
Initiate

I have been having this issue (unable to manage activation/deactivation of my 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras) since January 17th using the app. App is using latest version of update, released 1/7/20, was able to manage cameras on January 16th. Unsure how this feature was disabled; it was a part of the app for the last several years.  

Vykodyn
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @jguerdat .

I removed the camera entirely, added it again, and it worked.  Not going to call this a solution though - only a workaround until they fix the issue...

rpetersen
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks @Vykodyn 

Was able to restore the camera using your instructions. 

I will turn on/off cameras depending on if I am home, the weather, etc (to extend battery life and not get as many motion notifications) as I only have 2 of my 5 cameras directly connected to an outdoor outlet. I'm not sure yet if it's the same thing but I discovered I could turn cameras on/off  in a camera's settings menu by toggling the "Device On" switch.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mlewando

Have you tried the troubleshooting step previously suggested? " If possible, can you remove the basestation from your account > Perform a hard reset > Claim the Base Station > Re-add cameras > Test Active cameras again.

PNelson
Apprentice
Apprentice

Manage Camera Status used to be under settings in the Web interface.   At some point Arlo moved it to the subscriptions option at the bottom of the page so you had to read the options for subscriptions.  Last week it was there, but today it is gone.

For my ipad app Manage Cameras was in the subscriptions, but recently it disappeared, even though I did not update the ipad app.

On my Andriod phone, the latest version removes the manage camera status entirely.

I think this is a strategy by Arlo to get you to subscribe so I do not expect the option to return.  Maybe if enough people complain they might, but I am not hopeful.

I too need to manage active and non active cameras, and remove as resync is not a good option.   For my Andriod phone, I uninstalled the latest app and went back to a older version 2.11.2_26080 from December which fixed the filters and restored the Manage Cameras.   There is a thread called Latest App Breaks Filters which discusses going back to an older version.    Warning, because the older app is  not on the Google Play Store there is a risk that it might get corrupted and contain malware.   I just hope Arlo does not do something on their end to make the older app unusable. 

mlewando
Star
Star

Thank you - I would be happy to - can you post the exact instructions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mlewando

I have provided these articles that will assist with the TS Step I provided above. 

1. How do I remove a camera, SmartHub, or base station from my Arlo account?

2. How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values?

3. Re-add your base & cameras by following the apps instructions.

mlewando
Star
Star

Thank you. That did NOT HELP. It looks exactly the same. 

To be clear, under subscription, manage camera status does NOT exist, as well as the inactive camera status does not exist.

As it is outlined here.

https://kb.arlo.com/1113097/How-do-I-reactivate-a-camera-that-I-deactivated

So not longer am i able to swap an inactive camera in remotely, as I have for years. I have 6 camera on the free account for 5. 

Please help me obtain what I had and relied on for years. 

Thank you!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mlewando

This feature is not accessible on iOS devices. You may find the manage cameras on the web portal. 

Have you tried to access you Active/In Active camera list by going to Arlo Smart > Smart Notifications > Adjust cams

mlewando
Star
Star
Hello Shayne this NO LONGER exists on the web portal.

Can we please get it back?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mlewando

Is it possible to provide a screenshot?

mlewando
Star
Star

Thank you for working with me on this, here are two screen shots. 

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 2.38.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-21 at 2.38.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-21 at 2.38.28 PM.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@mlewando

Did you previously have an Arlo Smart subscription?

mlewando
Star
Star
No sir. - never
mlewando
Star
Star

and there is NOT any way to make that inactive camera active, without deleting an active, deleting the candidate inactive, and re-adding. it.

Be fore i could just slide it up!

mlewando
Star
Star

i noticed you added another chain with mine. how can that assist me? just making sure i did not miss anything. 

morethanfive
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to be able to have 6 cameras and could easily deactivate one and activate another to be able to monitor different spaces as needed.  I now have a need to install a 7th camera,  Our normal setup was to monitor 5 exterior cameras.  We had a 6th camera mounted in a grandkid bedroom that we could swap for one of our 5 outdoor cameras whenever we had a grandchild over.  Now we have a second grandchild and would like to have a 7th camera so we could monitor two grandkids by deactivating two outdoor cameras whenever we had extended family present.

Does anyone know how to deactivate a couple of cameras and activate two other cameras since all the changes over the past several months?

mlewando
Star
Star

This is NOT resolved and is unacceptable. This is a feature that existed was used by myself and others, and was taken away. This needs to be reinstated. Please help me think of Arlo in a good light again. Thank you.