Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GlanYMor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got another "Arlo Authentication Service is down.  Please try again later" message!  This is not the first time that this has happened, and last time it was a huge outage for days.  Please fix whatever is wrong here!  I am so frustrated by a system that only works part of the time.  I have to reboot it constantly, and my cameras lose connectivity a lot (which may be due to crappy internet service and not Netgear/Arlo).  I am ready to ditch this system and go to something more reliable if you don't get it more consistently working.  We depend on your service for security, and this is not acceptable.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As of 12:10 PST 8-22-2018, Arlo’s systems are fully operational and all users should now be able to log into their accounts. Cloud recordings were not affected, and any clips captured during this time should appear in your Library. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please bookmark https://status.arlo.com to check Arlo system status at any time

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the post in the Arlo Stories section here about this.

GlanYMor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just read it... Nothing there really looks like a solution to me.  This problem seems to keep happening, and is very nerve wracking even if the cams are down for only a few hours and not days.  It is looking like a very unreliable service to me, increasingly.  Arlo/Netgear teams, I wish you would find a permanent solution so that this doesn't happen any more.  

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah. Can’t get a refund anymore so I’m stuck with this set up. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As of 12:10 PST 8-22-2018, Arlo’s systems are fully operational and all users should now be able to log into their accounts. Cloud recordings were not affected, and any clips captured during this time should appear in your Library. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please bookmark https://status.arlo.com to check Arlo system status at any time