Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
RickNY
Star
Star

What about the Pop-up ad when opening the app that appears 2x a day offering a 35% discount so subscribe to Arlo Smart with PayPal? Can you do anything about that nonsense?

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RickNY,

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

T369
Star
Star

I posted a review and received a developer response asking me to contact support. Came across this thread in which you've asked for a screenshot. Attached are two examples taken on iPhone app. Ad is the first thing that pops up upon opening the app.

IMG_0216.PNGIMG_0244.png

RickNY
Star
Star
Oh look. Another ad.
Every. Day. Multiple times per day.
SierraMike77
Guide
Guide

@JessicaP 

This issue has been on the forums for months now.  It has not been addressed.  I was going to add a 15 camera system to a new construction home, but now I will not even use an Arlo doorbell.  My guess is that Arlo is losing more business by this stupid ad than it is generating, but you are certainly losing my business, and I'll be ditching my current two systems in the coming months.  I don't do business with companies that make their products so un-user friendly.  (Also, people who WANT a subscription, don't need to be reminded twice a day - especially when it interferes with answering their doorbell.)

Ultra-David
Guide
Guide

Yes, the support here is pretty underwhelming and really makes me question my large purchase. It may be time to sell it and promote another brand for me. 

DRioux
Initiate
Initiate
The Arlo support acts like they have no clue about this discount. They also do not understand the English language!!! Support accidentally admitted to me that there was a discount but demanded I send them a screenshot of the email I received. Arlo and Netgear you have lost me as a loyal customer!!! Here’s your damn proof!!!