Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
slarson50
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a couple of Arlo flood lights on my back patio. I like them a lot when I need to take the dog out back in the night, but if I was to go relax at the firepit on the back patio they just keep coming on. I have manually used the switch on my iPhone, but anyone moves and they are back on. It is so frustrating since we just want the light of the fire and not the flood light on all the time. Does anyone know how to fix this other than take it down every time. They need to make a switch to disable as you like or for some amount of time. The only way I have been able to resolve it is get my ladder our and pull the light......very frustrated. Please let me know if anyone else has this issue or if something might be broken with my system or I just don’t know how to use them. I have all the setting set low and not sensitive as well. Duration is like 5 minutes, Motion Detection is like 1, Dusk to Sawn is at Dark, hope fully someone has some help and or Arlo is going to fix this soon.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe your problem is the turning off the light doesn't disable the motion trigger.  Next time try disarming the system from your phone instead, and confirm that works.

If you want to keep the cameras active while you are at the firepit, then try creating a new mode that includes the camera rules but doesn't doesn't include the light rule.  Then use your phone to switch to that mode. 

There is more info on modes (and rules) in the Security Light Manual.  See page 18 here:  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloLight/Arlo_Light_System_UM.pdf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried the DIsarmed mode for the lights bridge?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe your problem is the turning off the light doesn't disable the motion trigger.  Next time try disarming the system from your phone instead, and confirm that works.

If you want to keep the cameras active while you are at the firepit, then try creating a new mode that includes the camera rules but doesn't doesn't include the light rule.  Then use your phone to switch to that mode. 

There is more info on modes (and rules) in the Security Light Manual.  See page 18 here:  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Documents/ArloLight/Arlo_Light_System_UM.pdf

slarson50
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks a lot for the simple solution. That works.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation