Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Hdez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I couldn't find a satisfactory reply to my issue in the community support. This is what I need:

I do not want my security lights to detect motion during the day, only at night; accordingly, I select the schedule mode provided with the original installation. My problem is that I can't set the bridge to trigger my cameras when the lights are triggered under this mode. I read all issues listed related to this problem. Most recommended adding a mode to trigger the schedule. I dont't want to trigger the "schedule mode"; I want to trigger cameras while in schedule mode. Can anyone help with this? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Better yet, read the FAQs here on creating and modifying modes as well as how to use the schedule.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you are misunderstanding what the schedule is. It simply automates the switching of any modes you have, Armed by default or any custom modes you may create. It sounds like you only have the Armed mode so set the schedule to use Armed form, say, 8PM to 11:59PM and again from 12AM to 6AM.

Hdez
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your reply. I’m completely lost. I have 4 modes: Armed, Disarmed, Schedule, and Geofencing. When I select Schedule, the lights are triggered only during the times set in the mode, but not recording. If I select Armed, the sensors are triggered at all time of the day and record to my cameras; odviously, the lights don’t come on during the day hours because of the dusk to dawn settings. You are saying that there’s way to tell the Schedule Mode to use the Armed Mode? Can you tell me how?
Thanks!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Better yet, read the FAQs here on creating and modifying modes as well as how to use the schedule.

Hdez
Aspirant
Aspirant

After reading a ferw of the Q&As as you suggested, I went back to my current modes and after examining the Schedule mode further in my PC I can see that the Armed mode is within the scheduled times. It totally makes sence to me now. Although you can see the same thing in the App, seeing it in the PC is somehow easier to notice it.

Thanks again for your help!!   

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation