Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bridge ABB1000 cannot be discovered

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
grichard
Follower
Follower

I have had the security lights for 3 weeks.  Each weekend I attempt to set up the bridge. ABB1000. The code scans.  The amber light blinks.  Blue light flashes. Connects to smasung phone.  Searchs for wi fi. The bridge switches to amber blinking while app is still searching.  Then unable to connect. I have attempted multiple resets.  The last time was solid purple when plugged in. Then automatically went to amber blinking.  Then unable to proceed.  That was yesterday.  Today I atttempted to connect with another failure. 

The arlo security camera base station is on the same wi fi. All devices are on the same wi fi

I have had the bridge in 3 locations. The last was the same room as the router.  Alhough the outlet is 2 feet above the floor. I wanted to place it either in the kitchen or garage closer to the lights. Which are on the corners of the house.

The router is 2.4 G.  WPA2.  

I have tried to read every post and thought I had eliminated every problem.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

grichard,

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps listed here for issues claiming your bridge: I can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with my Arlo Light Security system; what do I do?

As mentioned in the KB article if your have MAC filtering enabled, this could cause symptoms like you describe.

You might also take a look at this thread, this user had a router specific issue that was causing a problem with claiming the bridge: Arlo Bridge ABB 1000 fails to install

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation