Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
mrambo4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just installed 2 of the security lights in with my 4 cameras.  The bridge is right in the middle of the 2 lights, but only one will stay on when I manually trigger it.   The other turns on and then seconds later triggers back to off.  I have tried it several times and same issue.   Ideas?? 

7 REPLIES 7
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Anything odd in the Light Duration or Flash settings?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
coloradobarnes5
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Light is doing the same, nothing wrong with any settings.   What should I do??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ARe you trying this when there's enough ambient light to cause the lights to turn off?  If so, try at night and make sure there's no other light shining on the light. There's also the ambient light dusk to dawn setting that may be useful.

Mallez
Star
Star

I am seeing similar behavior.  They turn on for about 10s or so, then turn off.

My lights are actually under my deck, and facing the back of my house.  I am wondering if the reflection off the glass (even though it's at a downward angle), is activating the "dusk to dawn" sensor to turn it off?

It's actually not too bad in terms of it being efficient.  If they run off after the 10s they are in the light and it turns off, saves me a ton of battery power. If they stay in the motion field, they will stay on (this works as they stayed on while I was testing).

I don't tie them to cameras currently.  That may become a problem if I do later.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mallez wrote:

I am seeing similar behavior.  They turn on for about 10s or so, then turn off.

How long are they set to stay on with the rule that turns them on?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Mallez
Star
Star

Thanks, I searched around a bit and found where you the default is 50% power and 10s... i wish it mentioned that someplace.  I found the KB that talked about where you can set the rule to make them stay on longer.

Thanks!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

There is support for Arlo Security Lights, including a "manual", at the end of this link:

>>> Arlo - Security Cameras and Systems<<<

Just click the Arlo Security Light image.

Just another user
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation