Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Security Light Is Partially Turned On

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fordhamg
Guide
Guide

I just noticed one of my Arlo security lights is partially on.  The inside LED's are lit (not a full floodlight).  I tried turning the light on via the app, but it didn't respond.  The app says the light is OK. I also restarted the base and bridge.  Anyone have any ideas?  It seems to have crashed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fordhamg
Guide
Guide

I solved the problem.  When I charged the light, the inner LED's finally went out.  Something is obviously wrong with it, by charging did the trick

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible to be a faulty light but check your settings by tapping the > for the light in the Devices tab. That allows you to set floodlight vs. spot.

fordhamg
Guide
Guide

The problem isn't switching between flood and spot, it's that it stays lit constantly and doesn't turn on fully with motion or via the app.

fordhamg
Guide
Guide

Actually, it did just turn on when it saw motion, so it is working.  However its still staying partially lit at all times.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The difference between flood and spot is the number of LEDs lit. Flood uses them all, spot does not. If still not working properly, open a case with support here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

fordhamg
Guide
Guide

I solved the problem.  When I charged the light, the inner LED's finally went out.  Something is obviously wrong with it, by charging did the trick

brinkmad
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue.  I replaced the battery with one that's fully charged.  It didn't help.  I removed the light from my system, the re-added it.    Didn't help.  I finally removed the battery for 10+ minutes.  It helped, temporarily.  When I mounted the light and began testing it for position, the problem returned.  Guess I'll contact Arlo directly.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation