Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Raistlan01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Extensively tried to research previous posts, but since forum search is pitifully ineffective i'll do what everyone does and just post anew.

Looking for definitive answer on whether Arlo Security light can be hardwired with exterior USB adapter for continuouse use.  When i look at the security light chassis i see no external usb-micro port.

If it is possible, can i use a USB wall outlet to go straihht from wall to light via arlo usb cable? USB wall outlets typically have 3-5 Amperage ratings.   Must i use the actual usb plug adapter.  

There is an exterior power adaptor but on the US website it only calls out Pro, Pro2and Go camera.  The UK website mentions the cameras AND the security light specifically  

Thanks anyone!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've used the solar panels with the lights with no problems so I'd expect the outdoor power supply should work fine.

Raistlan01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for reply. Where do solar panels plug in. See attached photo. Is that a rubber protected micro-usb port at bottom of picture? Is that where external power would be installed?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Check the manual. Page 14.

User Manual

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation