Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo security light. Alert problems

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

I’m having alert problems with my new lights, if I have push alert checked on it’s own the alert worked fine but as soon as I activate the email alert along with push alert nothing happens, no push, no email sent. If I uncheck email alert the push starts working, if I just have email checked it will not send any email.

Support tried to tell me the lights won’t send push alerts  but I managed to convince him that he was wrong.

Can anyone give me some advice on why this is happening please....I am using the latest app and have done a fresh bridge and light install.

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Development team has released a fix for this issue. Push notifications and email notifications for lights should now work as expected.

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scrimo,

The lights should send push notifications and email alerts when motion is detected. Do you experiencing any issue with your cameras regarding push notifications and email alerts? Do both work?

JamesC

Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

Yes the cameras send both push and email alerts, I have 13 cameras all functioning normally, the lights won’t send emails if the function is ticked and ticking the function stops any push alert from the light

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scrimo,

We hope to have a fix available for this soon. We do know that the issue isn't hardware related, so you're fine to set up the rest of your lights. We appreciate your patience while we work on getting a fix for this released.

For now, we recommended enabling only Push Notifications in your rules as the issue seems to be isolated to when email notifications are enabled.

JamesC

Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks James, I have both my lights set up and both have the same issue..

Looking forward to a fix.

Cheers

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello All

I am having the same issues / problems as Scrimo. One of my lights sends me push notifications if motion is detected. The other one does not. I have run the Motion Detection Test on both lights and they work fine.

One other thing - the light that does not send the push notification does however trigger the "yellow light" indicating motion detected. The light that does send push notification when motion is detected does not activate the "yellow light". Strange

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant
Following up on my issue. I have tried a number of combinations for the notification alerts as follows:

Combo A:
Light 1: Push Notification On; Email Alert: Off
Light 2: Push Notification On; Email Alert: Off
Result: Light 1: Notification Sent; Light 2: Notification Not Sent

Combo B:
Light 1: Push Notification On; Email Alert: On
Light 2: Push Notification On; Email Alert: On
Result: Light 1: Notification Not Sent; Light 2: Notification Not Sent

Combo C:
Light 1: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: On
Light 2: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: On

Combo D
Light 1: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: Off
Light 2: Push Notification Off; Email Alert: On

ETC…

As you will note only Light 1 sends out a notification but only when the Push Notification is the only one checked and not when both Email Alerts & Push Notifications are checked.

The (other) funny thing is that I was getting notifications from both lights earlier today but only one now. 
Looking forward to a fix sooner than later.
jaltito
Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello Further Update
It is evening now & I tested to see if the lights operated properly (ie activated on detecting motion).
Light 1 operated properly - light activated as soon as motion detected @operated at 100% brightness.
Light 2 however, activated but only flashed yellow (as it would when one runs the Motion Detection System Test).
Not sure what is happening, everything was running fine when I installed the system over the weekend (Oct 27) and now 50% working.
What gives??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Light 2 - low battery?

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

No both lights show 98% charge.

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Further update - I am now recieving notification / alerts from both cameras. I did not change anything (checked Push Notification box) on my system - just started working this morning. The only thing I can think of is that we had a short power outage last night & that must have reset the Arlo Bridge. 

Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

Good to hear but are you getting email alerts as well???

Jaltito
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, just push notifications. No emails & if I check the email alerts box I stop receiving the push alerts.
Small steps
Scrimo
Tutor
Tutor

Thats the exact same issue that I am having...is there anyone in the community that actually receives email alerts on their light activation??

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Development team has released a fix for this issue. Push notifications and email notifications for lights should now work as expected.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation