Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AaronGalvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
There has been a lot of break ins in my neighborhood so I set up an Arlo Security light facing my driveway and set up a custom mode for my Arlo Pro 2 to record when the light detects motion.

Awesome right?

Except I don’t need to detect motion and record when we’re coming and going throughout the day. I only need it to run this IF function over night.

If I switch my bridge mode to schedule, I lose my IF function to record. If I leave my bridge mode on my custom mode, it’ll record several unnecessary times throughout the days and burn unnecessary battery life on both devices.

What am I missing?
6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Can you please post a screenshot of your schedule?

AaronGalvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Steve,

Please see attached.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If you only want your lights to trigger the cameras to record at night, you don't need to populate your schedule with Armed mode during the day. This is the schedule for the lights bridge, yeah?

AaronGalvan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I set up the base station with schedule. The schedule was automatically pulled into the bridge upon setup.

The problem lies not with the scheduling. I want it the cameras and the lights in a schedule. The problem is I can’t figure out how to run and schedule and my IF functions at the same time.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure I'm grasping your desires but what I do is have the lights aremed only at night on a schedule. I have a driveway light that will trigger the driveway camera during that time. I set the recording for 45 seconds (vs. 30 seconds for the normal camera trigger) so I can tell which device triggered the recording. I also have the base with 3 cameras on a schedule. The driveway camera will trigger and record for the above 30 seconds as well as turn the driveway light on. Sometimes the camera senses before the light, other times the light senses before the camera. Either way, the light comes on and the camera records.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your base station needs to be set on schedule mode. Your lights bridge also needs to be set to schedule mode. These schedules should be different. This will allow you to achieve what you want. 

If you're still struggling, let us know exactly what you want and we can tell/show you step-by-step on how to set it up

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation