Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kruz219
Star
Star

I installed two security lights last night and one light has a red exclamation mark next to the on/off toggle. The other light does not. What is this? Also, the light is picking up motion but is not lighting up yet I can manually turn the light on and off. Does one have something to do with the other?

Thanks for any help provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kruz219
Star
Star
The most up to date firmware must have finally kicked in. No more red exclamations. Took a long time though.

Thanks to all who contributed!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Kruz219 wrote:

Also, the light is picking up motion but is not lighting up yet I can manually turn the light on and off.

And at night? They have a "Dusk to Dawn Sensor" setting. You don't want them coming on during the day.

Do you have rules set to turn the lights on when they detect motion?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kruz219
Star
Star

@michaelkenward Started from scratch with the bridge and 3 cameras. 2 of the 3 cameras on the app show red exclamation marks next to two of the on/off toggles. What is this? Also, I am only able to set the "Dusk to Dawn" sensitivity on one camera. Please see attached pic showing app.

evillama
Star
Star
I had this issue also on a brand new light (three other lights did not have the !) So I checked the firmware and the new light was on 3.2.26 while the others were 3.2.51. The new light said "no updates available" also. Then two days later the ! was gone and the light got updated - along with Dusk to Dawn being added.

Seems you just have to be patient, unless there's a way to force the firmware update?
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@evillama wrote:

Seems you just have to be patient, unless there's a way to force the firmware update?

Seriously good advice.

I chip in only to say that you may be able to provoke the firmware update by restarting the system a few times.

It seems that in some circumstances the process of logging into the system causes the various components to go out and look for new firmware.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Kruz219
Star
Star
The most up to date firmware must have finally kicked in. No more red exclamations. Took a long time though.

Thanks to all who contributed!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation