Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Questions about Arlo Security Light

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
higol00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm looking for an outdoor floodlight that I can control with my phone. My backyard is approximately .5 acres and I'm looking for a light I can easily turn on and off with my phone when I take the dog out (we had a skunk incident ~ 2 weeks ago).

I've already got a couple of Arlo Pro 2 cameras, so I figured this could be an easy solution to work with what I have.

Is it possible to hardwire the light so I don't have to remove it to charge the light?

How do you find the brightness? I'm not looking for daytime brightness, but not extreme darkness in the yard.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 3 floodlight supplies 2000 lumens when on battery and 3000 lumens on AC power so would seem to be a good choice for this application. A 150 watt floodlight bulb seems to be around 1500 lumens. Turning it on and off manually isn't that hard but does require a few steps. 

One way would be to cross-trigger the floodlight to turn on when a different camera gets motion detection or just use the floodlight motion detection. That could save you from needing to manually turn the light on and off.

I haven't tried this myself so a bit of tinkering would be needed to get what you need.

sazutrio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it is possible to find an outdoor floodlight that can be controlled with your phone. Look for smart floodlights that are compatible with your phone's operating system. As for the power source, you can consider hardwiring the light to avoid the need for frequent charging. This way, you won't have to remove the light for charging purposes.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation