Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
hspallek
Tutor
Tutor

I have installed the Light Bridge "ABB1000r1.0" (5631845R0005F, 2.0.1.0_259_220) and successfully connected to a Security Light "AL1101r3" (58R184560060D, 3.2.51). Then, I try to add another light AL1101 (58R1845K005E1) and I get after "Add your device to the Bridge: Checking for Updates, Scan the QR Code, Insert the battery, hold sync button, I get the blue blinking, Discovering your device, it finds it, and I give it a new name "New Light". Then, I get Setting up Security Light, and "Finish". All good, but in my device list it says "New Light is offline" (red exclamation mark). I have not moved the light to a new location. What now. I tried this 10 times: always the same result.

(BTW: Neither the support form or the Case submission form are functional!)

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi hspallek,

Have you tried removing the batteries from your Arlo Security Light and re-insert them back in to see if that helps?

hspallek
Tutor
Tutor

Well, your response shows that you have no clue as I stated that I scanned the bar code which is obviously behind the battery. Thus, the process that I describe clearly includes the removal of the battery. Can someone from Arlo help with this who is technically knowledgable? Thanks!

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@hspallek wrote:

Well, your response shows that you have no clue as I stated that I scanned the bar code which is obviously behind the battery. Thus, the process that I describe clearly includes the removal of the battery.

Please have some respect for people who are trying to help you based on limited information.

I don't know about anyone else, but your response proves little.

Removing and reinserting the battery is not the same as scanning the code.

And I will let you into a secret. You do not have to remove the battery to scan the code.

Here's what I did:

• Remove battery from light
  • Take photo of QR code
  • When installing light point mobile device at photo of QR code

Works a treat. Quicker than faffing around with lights and phones.

When reinstalling a light all you do is press the "sync" button and "QR" the saved image.

As to your problem, have you tried moving the light nearer to the bridge?  Or put the "off line" light in the same location as the one that works?

These things are trial and error, and a process of elimination. The battery switch is one thing to try.

Simply repeating the same process over and over again isn't likely to advance things very far.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
hspallek
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for chiming in! 

I am not really sure if taking a picture of the QR code and then having a second device scanning it (or printing it) makes it much easier, but nice suggestion. Thanks!

I was thinking that the distance is a factor and tried to add the light to the bridge not where I want to have it placed, but just for testing purposes right next to the bridge (30 cm away). No success.

I also thought something might be wrong with the battery: So I charged two batteries in a charger-connected camera to 100% and then tried with both batteries: No success.

After all these iterations and trials, I am still unable to advance beyond the "Setting up Security Light, and 'Finish'" screen which is concerning as it looks like the installation process works perfectly fine, but then something breaks down. 

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks! 

hspallek
Tutor
Tutor

Anything else that I can try? How would I do the exchange? The support form and the case form are both broken (Send button is just flashing, but it never sends). 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation