Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ApollonC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Curious about using the Arlo Security light as landscape accent lights? We have a few areas where running wires would be problematic. This would be a great fix. Also, being able to change colors is an added amenity. Can you turn off all security and motion features and just use these as lights ? I could turn them on and off with my phone for an added convenience. Does anyone know why these wouldn’t work for this use ?

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi ApollonC,

You can use this security light for your purpose. There are a few options within the settings that will allow you to adjust the length of time the light will be on, including the (Always On) option. You will be able to turn it on & off with your phone. 

ApollonC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Any idea on how long the batteries will last strictly based on hours of use. For example, in this application, if we turned on the light, how long would it stay on before the battery died straight time ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The battery life for the Arlo Security life expectancy is similar to an Arlo Pro under normal usage. If you were to manually activate the light and leave it on continuously, it would last for over 6 hours at max brightness on a fully charged battery. Your idea for your backyard is great. I haven't even thought of this yet. Good Luck!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Also, Costco has a deal on these lights at the moment!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation