Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo security light no push notifications

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
spirosspike
Guide
Guide

Just installed the security light but its not sending push notifications for alerts even though i have activated push notification. 

Anyone else had the same problem. 

Push notifications from the cameras are working fine

regards

Spike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
spirosspike
Guide
Guide
All good now. After reinstalling the light.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the bridge.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spirosspike,

I've not been able to replicate any issues with receiving push notifications with the security lights. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

spirosspike
Guide
Guide
I restarted the arlo bridge and it also did an update but still having issues not receiving any notifications

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Check that email notifications from alerts@arlo.com are not ending up in a spam trap.

And confirm that the email settings are correct.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
spirosspike
Guide
Guide
No emails and no push notifications 😥
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

spirosspike,

Are you using a custom mode or the default "Armed" mode? Check your rules to make sure everything is set up as desired.

JamesC

spirosspike
Guide
Guide
Using Armed mode. I will remove light and re setup again to see if helps
spirosspike
Guide
Guide
All good now. After reinstalling the light.
renatoharo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue... Followed all recommendations below.

None of the porposed solutions: Restarting the bridge, reinstalling the application and re-installing the light worked for me.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Your next step would be to remove the bridge and lights and start fresh with them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

renatoharo,

spirosspike above indicated removing the light and setting up again resolved this issue. Are you able to to try this to see if you continue experiencing a problem? Alternatively, you could try setting up a custom mode and when building the rules be sure to enable push and email notifications. Afterwards, test to see if you experience the same results.

JamesC

renatoharo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey James,

I have removed the light and the Arlo Light Bridge several times and added them again, without luck.

I have also removed the app from my iOS device, restarted the device and reinstalled the app.   No luck.

I have created a custom mode, and the behavior is the same.  Motion IS detected by the light; the light turns on when the motion is detected and email notification is generated.   Just the Push notification does not work.

I do get push notifications from other Arlo devices (cameras) on the same iOS device.

Jeremy170
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am running into the same issue. I have several lights, all added. I get push notifications from my cameras, but not my lights. During setup I had to remove and re-add some of the cameras, but still no push notifications. When checking the app on my phone, I do see the in-app notification of the figure of the man turning yellow/orange when I wave at my lights, but notifications after I have closed the app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic to the engineering team for review. I will provide more information as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Jeremy170
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I also verified I am receiving emails when the cameras detect motion, just no push notifications to my phone (but only for the lights - the cameras still push).

renatoharo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Any updates regarding this topic? - It ,ay not sound serious but it can and does defeat one of the main purposes of the lights.  - Thanks R

SusanSmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ditto here - light detects motion, comes on and email received but no push notification to iOS app.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still under investigation by the engineering team. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue should now be resolved with the latest app release. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo Mobile app downloaded and installed from the app store.

JamesC

BillRin
Tutor
Tutor

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation