Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection During The Day With A Security Light

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DenArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does the motion detection work during the day? I have a camera that doesnt detect close to the house but detects the street. I have asked this question in another place. So I was wondering if a security light was set up on the opposite side of the house pointing towards the camera if motion close to it would trigger the camera to start recording during day and of course at night? 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Motion detection is available 24/7. Of course, the exact location may cause you to need lower or higher sensitivity at various times due to temperature as well as reflected IR (especially from cars).

Use of a light as a second trigger is definitely doable - I use it here. Whether it's really needed for better motion detection depends on your needs and positioning.

DenArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It will be pointing away from the street towards the back yard. So the only detection will come from someone on the side of the house.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You could mount the camera there instead of the light. Lots of possibilities, including cross-triggering between the light and camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation