Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tdeprenda
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently installed the light and bridge. In the settings the light is connected to the bridge but it does not show any bars on the signal strength icon. The light is on the side of my detached garage about 20 - 30 ft from the bridge and I can't move it closer. The bridge is plugged into an outlet as close as possible. Is this normal the icon to not show any bars. The Arlo Cameras I have installed do show bars in the icon. Some are even farther from the base station than the bridge is to the light. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tdeprenda,

There is no signal strength indicator for Arlo Lights as they operate using BLE not WiFi. If you can toggle the light on or off manually, this is a good indicator that you're in range.

Alternatively using the RangeFinder test as mentioned above by jguerdat, is a good way to check range.

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's certainly possible that the signal is that weak. What happens if you bring the light closer to the bridge for testing? Have you tried the Range Finder test in Settings, My Devices, your light?

tdeprenda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response. I will have to try your suggestions... so I should see some type bars in the icon similar to the Arlo cameras, correct? If the light is out of range then that wll be an issue because I needed it to be on the garage wall. If I can turn on remotely in the app and the web interface, does that mean it's in range? Would putting an additional bridge in the garage work (ie, does the bridge work as a range extender)? Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tdeprenda,

There is no signal strength indicator for Arlo Lights as they operate using BLE not WiFi. If you can toggle the light on or off manually, this is a good indicator that you're in range.

Alternatively using the RangeFinder test as mentioned above by jguerdat, is a good way to check range.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for the clarification, @JamesC. I didn't verify that a strength indicator was or wasn't present for the lights.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation