Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bajaleo
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I pick a mode for the arlo bridge, the mode stays selected until I exit the app. When I open the app again, the mode is un selected.

Using google pixel phone.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bajaleo wrote:

When I pick a mode for the arlo bridge, the mode stays selected until I exit the app. When I open the app again, the mode is un selected.

• When you say the mode is "unselected', do you mean that you aren't seeing any mode selected?  Or that the mode is reported as "armed" or "disarmed"?
  • Does this also happen when you use a PC browser and log out/log in to https://my.arlo.com?
  • Have you tried doing this at home, and then confirm the mode physically (for instance, disarm and then confirm that motion detection doesn't trigger)?

Bajaleo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Stephen B,

Thanks for the reply. I tried selecting my mode on my lap top and it seems to work ok. I'll check it out tonight when it gets dark.

It seems as if the arlo app on my phone is buggy, This wouldn't  surprise me since I've experienced bugginess with other apps on this phone (pixel 1st gen). 

Time for a new phone!

Leo

Robalboa
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same thing here
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Robalboa

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Robalboa
Apprentice
Apprentice
I haven't because i still have a few troubleshooting options.
Its the same issue using the light to charge batteries
mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB As I'm having the same issue I'll answer your questions:

• When you say the mode is "unselected', do you mean that you aren't seeing any mode selected?  Correct, Mode is blank for the Bridge - nothing is shown. Pro Base Station shows properly via Android app. Or that the mode is reported as "armed" or "disarmed"?
  • Does this also happen when you use a PC browser and log out/log in to https://my.arlo.com? The web browser displays it correctly for both the Bridge and Pro Base Station so it's something app-specific.
  • Have you tried doing this at home, and then confirm the mode physically (for instance, disarm and then confirm that motion detection doesn't trigger)? Yes

Additionally, I've cleared data/cache, updated app, etc etc. The Android app simply won't display anything in the Mode section when Schedule is selected, but Schedule does actually function properly based on my experience.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mamarcac wrote:

@StephenB As I'm having the same issue I'll answer your questions:

• When you say the mode is "unselected', do you mean that you aren't seeing any mode selected?  Correct, Mode is blank for the Bridge - nothing is shown. Pro Base Station shows properly via Android app. Or that the mode is reported as "armed" or "disarmed"?
  • Does this also happen when you use a PC browser and log out/log in to https://my.arlo.com? The web browser displays it correctly for both the Bridge and Pro Base Station so it's something app-specific.
  • Have you tried doing this at home, and then confirm the mode physically (for instance, disarm and then confirm that motion detection doesn't trigger)? Yes

Additionally, I've cleared data/cache, updated app, etc etc. The Android app simply won't display anything in the Mode section when Schedule is selected, but Schedule does actually function properly based on my experience.

So for you at least it's definitely bugs in the app, and not the cameras, bases, or cloud.

Obviously the bugs need to be fixed.  Perhaps @JamesC can make sure they are in Arlo's tracking system.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation