Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro2 Cameras to Trigger Arlo Security Light

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently purchased an Arlo Security Light from Best Buy to augment my 5-camera Arlo Pro 2 system.  Best Buy promises a free camera as part of their purchase package, but they haven't come through on their promise as of yet.

I really like the Arlo Security Light and waht it adds to my camera system.  Had no difficulties merging it into my system, where it can trigger 2 nearby cameras.  It would add far more utility if the cameras could trigger the light in the same way the light triggers the cameras!

Also, having a lot of difficulty with the light being triggered constantly when the sun is shining in the direction of the light on the south side of my house.  I have to turn the sensitivity down to almost zero to prevent the false triggers.  Help!

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BillRapidCity

Have you tried adjusting the angle of the light around to see if you can have the angle & sensitivity you desire?

BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have.  Camera is on south facing side of house, so it gets sun pretty much all day.  When sun swings to west in afternoon, it is shining onto the front of the light.  I have the light mounted high, so it is facing predominantly downward.  If I turn sensitivity way down, then it does not trigger when objects pass through its line of sight.  Do not want to have the issue of turning sensitivity off during day and adjusting it back to high in the evening.  Thanks for your question.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BillRapidCity

Have you tried to set the light & bridge on a schedule so it will not be affected by the sun while it's shifting?

BillRapidCity
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just did that, but it doesn't make me happy.  I purposely installed the light between two of my cameras to enhance my motion detection capabilities.  If the motion sensing on the light is switched off for part of the day, I have essentially down-graded my system and its capabilities.  Should be a more appropriate fix!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation