Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
lam92119
Initiate
Initiate

Is there any way to adapt the light to make it attach like the arlo pro camera does with magnets? The magnet is so easy when battery needs charging.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This is a great idea. All my cameras are on magnets for easy battery change/charge. I don't know, however, how many people are like us. It seems more people are concerned with things getting stolen and are unhappy with the magnet mount not providing enough security. 
Probably the best thing to do is to put it in the Ideas Exchange section and see if it's something people upvote and maybe Arlo will implement it.

lam92119
Initiate
Initiate

Yeah I like the option that the cameras have to do either magnet or mount with the more permanent hardware. Personally if someone is gonna climb to where I’ve put my camera or where I want to put the light then I suppose they’ll get it whether it’s magnetic or nailed down! Haha I just got the lights and haven’t put them up yet, hoping there was another way like the cameras have.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Something to ease the recharge issue would be great.

Lights are on fixed mounts and it isn't easy to remove the battery.

My strategy is to swap the battery that needs charging with the one in the camera that has permanent power.

The painful bit is in removing the batteries before the swap.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Can you mount a solar panel, I have them on all my Cams, live in Arizona, Cams are usually charged 100% by 10-11 AM every day

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The solar panels work fine on my lights.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation