Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Light Losing Connection overnight .. 2M away from Bridge

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

My Light keeps loosing connection to the Bridge when it is only 2m away from it.

Happened when the bridge is located in a wall socket 3m or so away below the light and when placed in a wall socket 2m away from the light and above the light (socket in an upstairs bedroom)

I get the orange warning triangle.  Seems to take several hours for it to lose connection.   Internet and power connected continuously to the house.   Light previosuly not connected to a solar panel sis this and now doing when conected to a solar panel.

Firmware is upto date and the signal is passing through 2 or 1 brick wall.  Downstairs bridge location through a upvc door.

Removing the Bridge from the socket (thus turning it on and off) has had no effect.

Obviosuly .. factory resettign the Bridge and reinstralling it and adding the light again did work (but has now reverted to no connection)

I did use the range finder on the app and lights were flashing green when the light was positioned.

I have second Bridge with a light connected to that that has remained connected whilst this other light has gone offline/lost connection..reporting with a orange triangle.

The light that disconnected is on a USA Bridge connected via an adapter.  The second bridge thats connected and remains connected is a UK plug Bridge.

10 REPLIES 10
Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Could it be the adapter, is it a voltage adapter? If so it will change voltage to UK standards but not nessasarily cycles, which could be throwing the Bridge/Light connect off. Have you tried going to Settings, Device, clicking on Bridge and then Reset, that might be easier the reinstall

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

The bridge is showing as online.  it is the light thats showing a orange triangle and cant connect.

Solar panel is charging it niow so ...it isnt power to the light.

i dont understand enough about power cycles .. but wouldnt it cycle at a regular interval in which case the disconnections would happen in the same time frame.

My previous connection with this bridge in same location lasted a day or so, the latest disconnected after 12 hours or so.

It is a simple inexpensive usa to eu plug adapter.. I doubt there are any electronics in it to alter voltage.

Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Cycles, also known as Hertz, this might give you a better idea of what I'm talking about

https://www.school-for-champions.com/science/ac_world_volt_freq.htm#.W3LLKfZFyUk

I understood You took a US Bridge and used it in UK, I thought you were 220 VAC

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for your help.

Do we have a technical specification for the USa Arlo Light Bridge anywhere ? 

My light is part of the same USA pack.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Baldness,

Engineering is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

Abforde
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue with a single light that is about 15 feet away from base. Orange triangle, unable to connect. The second light that is about 25 feet away is working.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Abforde,

Have you tried syncing the light again? Is the battery charged?

JamesC

Baldness
Apprentice
Apprentice

I "solved" this by buying two other lights and uk Bridges.     

After relocating the usa bridge and light I did not get a disconnect over a day or so ...but with two uk bridges and one usa one as I couldnt see the third bridge on the app )assumed system can only take a maximum of 2 light bridges ?)

No disconnects on the UK Bridge and light in same position as before but the usa bridge does work el;sewhere without disconnecting (orange triangle) 

So none the wiser really....

Battery on unit was about 50% but obviously gettign the ladders out and reconnecting/recharging the light is a pain.

Abforde
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes to both, and still not working
Xichlo
Luminary
Luminary

Try taking that battery and Charging using a Camera as the Charge unit, did Camera say it was 100% charged? Use the Camera Battery (Make sure its 100%) for Light, first remove That light from the Bridge on Arlo App, then do a complete new install, Add Device, Scan QR Code, install Batt, follow screen instructions

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation