Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mollieq714
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

I am new to Arlo and unfamiliar with the system. I just purchased a new home and there are several outdoor Arlo cameras installed, as well as 2 other small pieces of equipment that they left in the home. It seems I am missing the base station or smart hub in order to connect it. So I guess my question is how to determine what model these cameras are and what I need to purchase in order to make this system work? I have attached pictures of what I currently have.

Thanks!IMG_8402.jpgIMG_8401.jpgIMG_8400.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
mollieq714
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_8402.jpgIMG_8401.jpgIMG_8400.jpg

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Those are Not cameras...they are the Arlo flood/ spot lights that came out about 2 yrs ago... one cube is a battery for same and the square item with button in middle is the BT connection to a smart hub/ base

see; https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Lights-Wireless-Resistant-Multi-colored/dp/B078L1FZXS/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mollieq714
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah got it, thank you! So in order to make them work and connect, I will just need to purchase a smart home or a base? Does it matter which of the 2 I get? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

yes, you will need a base unit

model 4000,4500. or 5000 will do for those ...tho if considering cameras you may want the 5000

Morse is faster than texting!
mollieq714
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great, thanks for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation