Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Outten
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Bridge will not connect to my Orbi Router. Prior to purchasing I seen a review from someone who said they had the issues connecting to their Orbi however, I thought it was an isolated issue. And the deal was tooo good.

After getting them home and starting the set up, I ran the instructions word for word and I got an error.

I ran the set up maybe 50 times before jumping online to find if It was a common issue. And I couldn’t find anything related to Orbi and the ABB1000 security lights.
I reached out to the Arlo support who could do anything but read me the script and recommend I make several changes to my router. They had me turn off my 5Ghz, turn of the Orbi satellite and put my iPhone on 2.4ghz.
They sent me a new bridge to try and I called the Arlo support team once again. This time they made me go through the set up process 5 times. I get all the way to end where the Bridge tries to connect to the internet and fails.
I don’t know what else to do. Any advice?
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems strange... running a bridge on an Orbi right now. 

Yes, it is 2.4ghz only , TMK, but I don't turn off the 5Ghz side and it still connects.

Have you checked the FW versions? current is Arlo Bridge Firmware 2.0.1.0_255_214

( also if able I would try to set up with another phone...the new IOS has caused issues with certain things )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
brh
Master
Master

@Outten 

I know this doesn't help you, but I just hooked up a Bridge and 6 Security Lights to my Orbi yesterday and they all work. I am new to them, so as of now, I have no advice.

Brian

Outten
Aspirant
Aspirant
I know it is because my whole home is automated with tech and I never had issues with connection. Until the security light. I have been running the Arlo cameras for over a year with zero issues.
I have an Android phone that I tried to pair the bridge with and it didn’t work either.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If resetting the bridge doesn't help, swap at the store on the chance it's faulty.

Outten
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the second bridge I've tried to connect but it fails to connect to my network. I've done everything recommended except making major changes to my perfectly work mesh network. If I have change the settings to get the lights to work then I'll just return them. Arlo Tech support on the phone doesn't help at all.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've never heard whether this is truly an issue or if anything solved it but are both WiFi bands using the same SSID? WHat happens if you temporarily give them unique SSIDs to get it to connect and then switch back?

brh
Master
Master
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation