Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Bridge cannot connect to network. Tried resetting and turned off firewalls.

Discussion stats
  • 34 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 14 In Conversation
FFGregston
Aspirant
Aspirant

So after reading other posts and doing everything listed I still can't connect to my bridge. It starts connectting and will cycle for a while before stating the "Arlo could not connect to my network". I tried resesting everything to no availe, firewalls are all turned off. I go into my DumaOS router genie and the bridge is showing up as connected to my network as soon as the process starts, but will never connect. I have the bridge plugged in right next to my router. Any help would be greatly appriecated!

34 REPLIES 34
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bartman123

Have you tried to adjust for a possible MAC address issue? I provided that Troubleshooting article here - I can't set up the Arlo Bridge that came with my Arlo Light Security system; what do I do?

Bartman123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Copy; checked that too.  MAC Address enabling turned off.

ttorimoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same EXACT problem....

I just successfully finished installing 4 Arlo Pro 2 cameras with the Arlo Base Station - very smooth process.

Now was trying to add the Arlo Security Light - but can NOT get the Gateway (ABB1000) to connect to the Wifi.

Tried every troubleshooting I can find - read every comment. Read and tried these instructions multiple times:
https://kb.arlo.com/000061837/I-can-t-set-up-the-Arlo-Bridge-that-came-with-my-Arlo-Light-Security-s...
https://kb.arlo.com/000061857/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Arlo-Bridge

2.4 GHz, yes. WPA2 security, yes. MAC address filtering is disabled, yes. Same wifi network as my phone running the Arlo app, yes. No VPN Clients or Servers running on my network. Antivirus irrelevant (none on my phone). Bridge is plugged into wall with logo upright (not upside down) and not on the floor - 4 feet away from wifi router line-of-sight.

My router does see the Gateway - DHCP does assign it an IP address according to my Router - but the Arlo App doesn't see it.

After entering the Wifi password in the app during the setup, the Gateway LED always turns off (after it blinks blue about 3 times)... sits at "Connecting to <SSID>" in the app for a while, then ends with "Arlo could not connect to <SSID>.  Make sure your network is online and the password that you entered is correct." 
I have gone through this process more than 10 times already. - factory resetting the gateway at least 8 times.

HELP.  I have spent over 3 hours trying to get this thing to work... 

pcamp836
Tutor
Tutor

Do you have a VPN? I had the same issue and was only able to resolve it after I disabled my VPN prior to installation. After I had the Bridge connected, I was able to reactivate the VPN. The only issue I still experience is that on the app I'm told one of my two security lights is not connected, however, when I walk outside at night near the light it works(?) so I'm not worried about that. Good luck. I spent many, many hours trying to connect the bridge. You'd think Arlo would just let the lights work with the base stations...it makes no sense.

ttorimoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

No VPN anywhere in my house.  Server or Client.  So I seriously have NO idea.  I created a Support Ticket - waiting to hear back.  The cameras were very easy to setup - not sure why the light is so much more difficult.

I agree - not sure why there's a bridge - and it can't connect directly to the Base Station that the Cameras use.... 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ttorimoto

While you are waiting for the support team, have you tried to check for Mac address filtering?

"If you have MAC address filtering enabled, make sure that the Arlo Bridge’s MAC address is whitelisted. You can find your Arlo Bridge's MAC address on the label of the box that your Arlo Security Light system or add-on Arlo Bridge came in."

ttorimoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did actually check that as well on my router.  I read through all the comments that I can find and checked everything, and still tried multiple times with the same result.

ttorimoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nice.  Since I had not heard anything from Support after creating a ticket, I tried to create another ticket, and now it goes to "Page Unavailable" "Sorry, but the requested page is unavailable due to a server issue. Our engineers are working on it, please check back later."... 😞

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

coronavirus, or corvid-19, depending on how you like to describe it. (#fakenews if your name is Trump.)

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
ttorimoto
Aspirant
Aspirant

hahaha