Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery life, DC suppy oeration possible?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
M_Roger
Follower
Follower

For arlo Security Light System and Arlo Pro Cameras, I need advice on placement of security lights and camera as it relates to battery life. That is, my preference is to mount the exterior units high where they are not easily knocked down or disabled. However, that requires a ladder to mount and ladder to charge batteries, right? So, 1. in a residential setting, how often can I expect to be needing to recharge batteries, and 2. can the security lights and/or cameras be run with a continuous DC power source, and 3. is there an Arlo DC power source available? Thank you, M_Roger

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

For me , the outdoor light runs 3-4 months in spec usage... you mileage may vary if used for long periods of times.

They have a usb port  for power and worked fine with a solar panel ( to charge the battery with a solar panel)

Don't see any reason why it shouldn't function on an external power supply like the one used for the Pro/Pro2 camera ( model 4900;   https://www.amazon.com/Arlo-Accessory-Outdoor-charging-Compatible/dp/B07D1D6TVP     )

I have run it on the indoor power supply and cable.

( you may have to properly seal up the usb port to prevent water if using the indoor cable in the outdoors )

Any quality usb adapter with 5v/ 1.5a output should work ( but may not charge battery )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation