Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
tdeprenda
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the ABB1000 Bridge. It stopped connecting to my network. I've reset 2x now, Solid Orange to Blinking Orange so I know it reset correctly. Went through the process of connecting, iPhone finds bridge in a few seconds. Last step when trying to connect it to network, it goes from blinking blue to blinking purple and will not finish. Reached out to Arlo support, they basically said I had to disable my 5 GHz network (which I won't do for obvious reasons) and try to connect. End result was they can't help and it's defective, out of warranty and buy another. Any other ideas. Not interested in laying out another $60 for a bridge.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Why can't you briefly disable 5GHz to test? Once connected re-enable it. Not a huge deal to get things to work.

tdeprenda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for responding... question if I turn off the 5 Ghz band. Would everything that connects to the 5 just switch over to the 2.3 Ghz band if I turn off? Just never a good time to take down the home network.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That depends on the devices and how your network is configured (both bands use the same SSID/password). However, we're talking maybe 5 minutes so surely there's a time when this can happen with minimal disruption.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation