Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

2 of 3 lights dropping offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jmlay
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the process to return or replace the arlo security light package that i got at costco?

it includes 3 lights and a bridge and an extra battery in the package.

all 3 lights were working at first. Then the 1st problem light came offline and would give a blue blinking light for reconnecting.  A 2nd problem light has now come off line several times and gives a blue light after many tries so it is hard to reconnect.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmlay,

How far away from the bridge are the lights that are behaving this way. It sounds like the issue could be due to the distance. If you relocate the bridge closer to the lights having trouble, do they still drop offline?

JamesC

jmlay
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks for taking the time to respond.  the bridge is inside the house and the lights are outside.  the 1st light was 20 feet away and the 2nd light is 15 feet away.

this weekend I was able to get the 2nd light to connect again, i hope it stays connected.

However the 1st light is still dropping off.  This time the blinking blue sync light came on and i was able to connect.

I put the light 1 foot above the bridge on a window sill inside and it still dropped connection after 1 hour or less.

oddly the 3rd light at the front door is furthest from the bridge and i havent had any problems with it yet

jmlay
Aspirant
Aspirant
looks like the 1st troubled light is at 3.2.45 firmware. the 2nd troubled is at 3.2.51 and seems to be stable now. the 3rd light that hasnt had issies is also at 3.2.51
hopefully i just have to wait until the 1st light gets the latest firmware and ill be trouble free
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation