Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

preroll

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
elmann
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a way to set the amount of time BEFORE the motion event to begin saving video? Very often I get motion detected, but it clearly wasn’t triggered quite soon enough, so the recording nicely catches the aftermath, but not what really happened…
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Foresight feature is not adjustable. For more information on this feature, take a look here: How does the Foresight feature work on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Depending on camera power mode used, an externally powered camera by arlo charger gives a fixed 3sec preroll of the recorded event.
elmann
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is for a wired arlo doorbell camera, so power is not an issue. The question is not what the preroll is by default, but if there is a way to ADJUST the preroll? There is the ability to adjust the total length of the recording, which I’ve set to a fixed 2 min, but I would like to bump up the preroll to maybe 20 or 30 seconds…
Dannybear
Master
Master
I don’t own a arlo doorbell so can’t confirm if preroll is adjustable.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062053/How-does-the-Foresight-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-camera

Based on the comparison with arlo cameras, no it is not adjustable.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@elmann wrote:
The question is not what the preroll is by default, but if there is a way to ADJUST the preroll? 

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust the preroll. 

It would be a nice feature (though I'd be surprised if the doorbell has enough memory to buffer 20-30 seconds).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Foresight feature is not adjustable. For more information on this feature, take a look here: How does the Foresight feature work on my Arlo camera?

JamesC