Video clips won't play on Android mobile app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joelvp
Aspirant
Aspirant

A few weeks ago, my video clips from Arlo Secure cloud stopped playing on my Android mobile app. This issue applies to my two cameras and doorbell, so it's not specific to a particular device. I get a buffering message and it just spins endlessly. The web app works fine, just the mobile app has this issue. I tried uninstall/reinstall with no improvement. This video clip playback issue has been a problem in the past, and I don't see any indication that Arlo ever fixed this properly. Am I alone with this problem, or do others experience this too? And how can it be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joelvp
Aspirant
Aspirant
UPDATE:
Swapped out my old xfinity modem for a new one and problem solved! Old modem must have had a weaker wifi signal that prevented clips from playing. Now it seems fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the mobile app are you using? 

Joelvp
Aspirant
Aspirant
3.6.6_28456
Joelvp
Aspirant
Aspirant
UPDATE: My phone will only play clips using mobile data, not using wifi. My wife's iPhone app will play clips on wifi, so it's not my wifi. My phone works on wifi with all other apps as far as I can tell, so there's something about downloading the clip from the Arlo Secure cloud that is probably the root of the problem?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe you have a security setting on the phone that impedes WiFi access? I have a couple of security packages installed on mine that can be set to limit WiFi access.

Joelvp
Aspirant
Aspirant
UPDATE:
Swapped out my old xfinity modem for a new one and problem solved! Old modem must have had a weaker wifi signal that prevented clips from playing. Now it seems fine.