Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tbark
Guide
Guide
Live in the US, so plans are available. After my free trail expired, I tried to renew, but the site won't accept my payment. Reached out via chat and telephone to no avail. To say I am frustrated is an understatement.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tbark
Guide
Guide

Apparently the glitch has been corrected(for me, anyway).

It finally accepted my payment information and my subscription is now active.

Thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Tbark wrote:
Live in the US, so plans are available. After my free trail expired, I tried to renew, but the site won't accept my payment. Reached out via chat and telephone to no avail. To say I am frustrated is an understatement.

There is another thread here on this problem and Arlo stated they looking in to it.  I use PayPal for the sub to avoid CC issues.

Tbark
Guide
Guide

I don't use PP.

Arlo needs to fix this issue...and fix it quick.

The cameras are pretty much useless without a hub or a subscription.  I wish I had done a little more research about Arlo-I probably would not have bought it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tbark,

What exactly are you seeing when you try to subscribe? Are you getting a specific error message?

Could you provide a screenshot?

JamesC

Tbark
Guide
Guide

No point in sending a screenshot-that seems to be Arlo's patent response to this issue.  I get no error messages.

I fill all fields out with name, address, CC info, and click on the pane to update payment information.

I then attempt to click on the pane to confirm payment, and cannot-the pane link isn't activated(even after I read and acknowledge the terms and conditions).

Fix your site.  These cameras are useless without a subscription.

From what I see on the Community comments, this is an issue that has been ongoing for more than a year.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tbark wrote:

From what I see on the Community comments, this is an issue that has been ongoing for more than a year.

It does come up from time to time.  Though I had no issue subscribing earlier this week (switching to Secure Plus from Elite), so it certainly isn't happening to everyone.  FWIW, I was using Edge on a Win10 PC.

Tbark
Guide
Guide

Tried using Edge and Chrome on 3 different computers.  Same issue with all of them.

Tired of messing around with these folks-evidently they don't care about supporting their products.

Terrible service!!

Tbark
Guide
Guide

Apparently the glitch has been corrected(for me, anyway).

It finally accepted my payment information and my subscription is now active.

Thank you to everyone who replied with suggestions.