Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Peturkr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a 2 camera pack of pro4 and a doorbell.

Shipped to iceland.

It seems im having troubble subscribing to having cameras store 30 days of footage.

Anyone who knows what i can do? I  cant manage my plan. Just says no subscription and no avalible choice to do anything

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
According to the arlo article, Iceland is not included.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Secure-available
Peturkr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Its infortunate because it was not advertised anywhere when i just bought the system that its unusable in iceland. Is there any way i could solve this other than have to get rid of the cameras?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use of a network-wide VPN (not the VPN offered with some home routers) that's connected to a server in a country where subscriptions are possible can work. Once connected via VPN you can create a new account and then add the devices. The subscription will need to be paid with a credit card issued in that country. Once set up the VPN isn't needed.

An alternative is to take the system to a supported country, set it up, and return with it to home. Same issue with the credit card.

Peturkr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok thank you for this information. Going to try this
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Use of a network-wide VPN (not the VPN offered with some home routers)

Just to clarify this:

• Some routers offer VPNs to allow you to access your home network securely when you are away from home.  This VPN setup won't help you.
  • Other routers offer VPNs that terminate your internet access in another country.  That setup is what you need.  Installing that VPN software on your PC or phone likely won't work, as the base station also should be going through the VPN during setup.

So it's not about whether the VPN is built into your router.  It's about what the VPN in the router is configured to do.

FWIW, Nord and ExpressVPN have a list of routers on which you can use with their VPN.  Likely other VPN services do as well.

Note my own router's VPN is set up for remote access to my home network, so this is not something I use (or particularly recommend) myself.