Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station Siren sudenly going off, not linked to camera trigger?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Expatnomo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suddenly our siren is going off at random, not related to any motion detection. Also, Arlo secure is showing a notification that I can't clear on my phone indicating "Activate Siren" and looks like it is trying to download something. Have restarted base station and phone. Is this a hardware or a software problem? How can I fix this? Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expatnomo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. After restarting base station over a few days and reinstalling the Arlo Secure app on my phone the problem seems to be corrected. I think uninstalling/reinstalling the phone app may have been the key. I appreciate your help on this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have not seen this issue reported for a long time, nor any explanation.

The usual workaround is to manually force activate the siren from the app then manually reset the siren from the app.

You have the option to acknowledge the siren by pressing the Base station top button.

I suspect that the random siren is firmware related so if you have subscription plan you can escalate it with arlo support via the app settings/ support path.

If you don’t have that option you could try power cycling the base station daily for a few weeks to clear out any corrupting data bits in the base station memory.
Expatnomo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. After restarting base station over a few days and reinstalling the Arlo Secure app on my phone the problem seems to be corrected. I think uninstalling/reinstalling the phone app may have been the key. I appreciate your help on this.

Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re welcome although my opinion is that a base station fault is more likely.