Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
EYALAZRAD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

After I changed my phone, I could not log in to the Arlo Secure app (android).

I tried both the old phone and the new phone.

for your professional help

12 REPLIES 12
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EYALAZRAD,

What is preventing you from logging in? Are you receiving any error messages? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

JamesC

EYALAZRAD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

after login in with the correct password, nothing happened, and return to the login page.

EYALAZRAD_0-1676642900889.jpeg

My old phone is a galaxy note 20 (Still working), and My new phone is galaxy z fold4

This happens on both phones.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

EYALAZRAD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello

I have not received any answer yet...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Some users have reported success by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. For others, following the steps here were successfully: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/m-p/18...

JamesC

Owino
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently changed my phone from Samsung Note 9 to Samsung Note 20. Even after uninstalling and re installing the Arlo Secure app, I am unable to log in to my account. Both on my phone and through a web browser. The Web browser returns an error and stays stuck as shown in the screenshot below.

Owino_0-1691423336888.png

I have read your responses to a similar problem by a user and the solution you gave was for an iphone and not an android phone. The Solution also asks you to go to settings once you log in yet logging in is the problem. Please help me resolve this as I am unable to manage my home security with the current state.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

After the verification fails on the PC, try clicking on "Try another verification method" and then select email.

Owino
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Guru.

Thank you very much for the help. I was able to use 'Use a different authentication method' and the new  authentication CODE was sent to me. However when I use the CODE, I go through but then ARLO asks me to 'Trust' The browser. On trying to trust the browser, it sends another CODE which keeps getting a 'request timed out error'.

I really don't know what to do now. I have had to buy a RING set to take care of the security now, but I would still wish to find a way of making use of my Arlo Camera system. Do you have other ideas?

Regards

David Owino

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Owino wrote:

However when I use the CODE, I go through but then ARLO asks me to 'Trust' The browser. On trying to trust the browser, it sends another CODE which keeps getting a 'request timed out error'.

Does it work properly when you choose "don't trust"?

Owino
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no option not to Trust.

Otherwise I would be very Okay.

Regards.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Owino wrote:

There is no option not to Trust.

Maybe look again.

trust.png

Owino
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Guru. I was able to log in via the Mac. The Android app has completely failed to log in, even after uninstalling and re installing. Please let me know should you find a solution to it. I really appreciate your help.

Regards

David Owino

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Once logged into the web site, check your profile for login options, 2 step verification and clear out old/unused phones listed there.