The new app UI, how can I revert.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
zooo
Follower
Follower

The new app UI drives me crazy. All my recordings are gone and as soon as I click on a device I'm told it is a paid feature. I am pretty upset with these changes.

4 REPLIES 4
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Some features will only be able to be accessible with a subscription. However, this would have been with the old UI or the new one. There is no way to revert back to the old UI. Here is a link with what is included with a subscription:

https://www.arlo.com/en_eu/serviceplans

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@zooo wrote:

The new app UI drives me crazy. All my recordings are gone and as soon as I click on a device I'm told it is a paid feature. I am pretty upset with these changes.

If you are using local storage with no subscription, then you aren't looking in the right place.  Local recordings are not in the "Feed". You need to 

1. go to the "Devices" screen
  2. Select the smarthub
  3. select "Storage Settings"
BruskiJunk
Aspirant
Aspirant

You mean Arlo won't provide a way to roll back to the old UI.  It's a simple matter of programming in the ability to switch back. I know because I've been a IT manager for over 30 years.  Listen to your customers. There's a much longer thread over the psst year on this forum with many of your users asking for a way to roll back to the old UI.  If you won't provide a way to roll back then program a new UI to look like and function like the old UI. Otherwise you'll lose long time customers and get bad reviews.  It's up to ARLO to take action if they want to listen to what their customers have been saying for the past year!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't roll back because the old UI doesn't support the new cameras and security system.