Subscription AfterTrial

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mickeymania
Aspirant
Aspirant

My free trial just ended this last week and when I was checking my cameras out on the app I got an offer for 60% off a monthly subscription for 3 months. It said it was good through March 7, 2023.  So I clicked on it and it took me online to the subscribe page but it shows full price when you add it and get ready to put in the credit card number. Am I doing something wrong?  I did the chat thing, in which the agent told me to uninstall and reinstall the app so i might get the offer sent to me again, so I did.  The only thing that comes up is to subscribe for full price.  So I reached back out because they said let them know if it didn’t work so they could send it on to the next level. The next agent just kept repeating that in order to send it to the next level I had to have a screen shot of the offer. I never even thought to take a screenshot, I just assumed Arlo would honor the offer THEY sent.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there a discount code I’m supposed to be putting in?  The Chat Agents were useless in helping me. 

3 REPLIES 3
Arlo2023
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Mickeymania,

I got the same "60% discount Flash Sale" message banner...which disappeared when I clicked on the banner offering the 60% discount.. 

Funny tho' how I too was almost at the end of my free trial and was undecided whether to subscribe or use the local storage option we had with the Hub we purchased.

I rang Arlo to follow up and had a case generated to follow up..I'll be curious to see the outcome, I have gone and got a monthly subscription in the meantime....which I note is not as good as the free 3 month trial, it takes a lot longer to play the alerts..quite often just timing out so I can't see the action/motion which triggered the alert....☹ 

Mickeymania
Aspirant
Aspirant

I hope your case gets better attention than mine did.  I have to say I’m not real thrilled with Arlo’s chat customer service at the moment!!!!!  Or their pop up sale that really wasn’t a thing apparently since the same thing happened to two of us.

Arlo2023
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Again,

Still getting frustrating responses from Arlo Customer Service (I use that term loosely) was given a promo code which didn't work, notified ACS about.. they requested a screenshot showing the rejected Promo code which I supplied and now seem to have circled back to an earlier ACS message...have made no meaningful progress, just going through the process as a matter of principal now, IMO it constitutes false advertising to offer a discount and then not be able to accept/apply it. Their IT and customer service seems to be a secondary business consideration..which is short sighted and goes against all "How to run a Successful Business 101" advice...😒