Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 24 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
kasperville
Guide
Guide

Trying to subscribe to a plan but am unable.   Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was recently released that should resolve this issue. Please try subscribing again and let me know if you're still experiencing the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

What plan are you trying to subscribe to and what steps have you been able to get to

kasperville
Guide
Guide

Just the basic Arlo Secure Plan.   I get to the "subscribe now" button, which does not do anything.  The app randomly logs me in and out as well.  Last time, I had to log in 4 different times through the 2 step.  

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kasperville wrote:

Just the basic Arlo Secure Plan.   I get to the "subscribe now" button, which does not do anything.  The app randomly logs me in and out as well.  Last time, I had to log in 4 different times through the 2 step.  

Have you tried it on a PC at my.arlo.com  ?  After I highlighted a plan from the ones displayed the subscribe button was active. just a week ago. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, make sure you are in a country where Arlo offers a subscription.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

dcfox1
Master
Master

@StephenB wrote:

Also, make sure you are in a country where Arlo offers a subscription.

https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

Good point. I was thinking he was upgrading from the old plan.

kasperville
Guide
Guide

I've tried through explorer and chrome from laptop and phone.  And, I am in Country where it is offered.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Before hitting the subscribe now button do you click on the I Agree button ?  If that isn't checked subscribe now won't work.

kasperville
Guide
Guide

There is no "i agree" button on either browser, but that would be helpful.  

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

I'll see if I can go through the routine again to see exactly what the steps are.  I clicked on change plan, chose secure plus and had to click what I thought was an agree check circle before the final step but will give it a look if I can.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Yes that is correct.  Change plan, chose secure plus, click on the (I agree to Arlo terms of service) and the final click

kasperville
Guide
Guide

I don't have an existing plan, so "change plan" is not an option that is showing up.  I'm going through the "Arlo Secure" section.

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Let me ask if you have an Arlo account with at least one camera showing on it, that would be necessary to set up a secure plan if I understand correctly.

kasperville
Guide
Guide

I do.  I have multiple cameras but no existing subscriptions. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kasperville,

I've escalated the details of your posts here to the development team for further investigation. I will provide an update once I have more information on the issue you're experiencing.

JamesC

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Thanks for getting him some help James, figured you would eventually see it

kasperville
Guide
Guide
Thank you!
kasperville
Guide
Guide

Any word on this?  I still can't buy a subscription. I can't see how this is so difficult. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is working on a release to address several subscription issues with symptoms like the ones you're describing. We're hoping to have that release available later this week. I'll keep you posted as we learn more.

JamesC

ed_g
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue with the Subscribe Now buttons not working when choosing one of the three plans being offered.

jamesburge
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been having this exact same issue for over 2 months now. I have been in contact with their support and have been sent up higher already on multiple occasions. Still no resolution. Good luck and hope they get to the bottom of how we can give them our money for the cloud storage. 

jamesburge
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been over 2 months now. Can someone please just allow us to subscribe? There has to be a way. I had an account for a year or more and forgot or was never notified that the subscription was running out. The price has not changed so no clue why it stopped but this is getting annoying. Especially since I purchased this system to keep my home and family safe. Now I have no cloud storage and only the very inconvenient SD storage in the back of the unit. 

kasperville
Guide
Guide

Yeah, still no word from Arlo.  I spent a week with customer service telling me that I could subscribe, before they finally acknowledged that I could not.  Seems odd that they would roll out a subscription platform that has such a disconnect. 

Julio9956
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, I was able to record and all of the sudden was not able to. Now I'm trying to purchase a subscription but I'm not able to. I notice that's the problem with a lot of users. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update was recently released that should resolve this issue. Please try subscribing again and let me know if you're still experiencing the same behavior.

JamesC