Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Exia7891
Star
Star

Since updating to Arlo Secure, my SmartHub (VMB4540r2) is no longer saving or showing new recordings. All previous recordings prior to the update show up, but nothing new. It does show that all my devices are connected to it, and the recording rules have not changed. Local recording is enabled. I receive notifications of camera activity, but recordings are no longer showing up. Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo released firmware to fix this yesterday and today.  You can get the firmware version numbers here:

and then see if you have that version.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Exia7891,

If you live stream and manually record, do those recordings show up?

JamesC

Exia7891
Star
Star

No manual recordings show up. I have lost the ability to manually record on 5/6 cameras the option is no longer showing up as well. I have restarted my SmartHub and in fact even removed the SmartHub and went through the whole motions of readding every single camera. The manual record option was present upon setting things up. Going from the date stamps of my previous recordings, it appears that things seemed to have broken after the 12/5. Like previously mentioned in the prior post, I do receive real time notifications but recordings never show up. 

What I have noticed and seemed to have narrowed it down to is custom modes is what seems to break things. Using the default Armed mode everything works as expected (minus manual recording option on 5/6 cameras) and recordings show up. Once I switch over to my custom modes, things just stop working. 

aljackson12
Tutor
Tutor

Yes seeing the same thing with my Arlo.. Same model... Sad not able to record locally .. Changed USB drives ... reformatted USB drives nothing going local.. Hope they fix this asap been a loyal customer for a while.. would hate to pull the camera's out and run rings..

aljackson12
Tutor
Tutor

VMB4540r3 ... Have tested in armed mode.. get notified that camera went off on my IPhones Get 0 Video recorded on my local USB drive.. Last recording was Dec 13th

Sourour2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have the same issue not being able to record locally on usb drive. Stopped working Dec 13. Tried everything possible to no avail. Considering returning the product. 

hdelgado133
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here!

I am experiencing the same as described in all of the above comments. It stopped working for me on 12/13 which is when I noticed the icon for Arlo on my iPhone had changed.  I guess the app self updated even though I thought Ii had it set to not auto update!

Exia7891
Star
Star

I am relieved to find out that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. It started to work correctly after I reset everything and added cameras and created my custom mode. Sadly, it stopped functioning again on coincidentally the 13-14 like some of you have reported. I reset everything again yesterday, but it is not 100% working as expected. A couple of my cameras aren't recording locally, while some do. All cameras are triggered and receive notifications, but not every camera is recording locally. 

Arlo used to be a great product when they initially launched, but since being bought out by other companies their products have taken a massive hit in bugs. Software bugs that users have to report numerous times before any support is given attention and escalated. I've had more issues (all software related) these past two years than I ever have before, which renders their products/services useless. Might have to consider switching to another product if these issues keep popping up.

Exia7891
Star
Star

I have opened up a ticket with Support so they can escalate to Devs. I suggest you all do the same and link this thread so support can escalate this bug.

**UPDATE** Sound like engineering is aware of the issue and are working towards a fix. They suggested trying to add devices via a web browser to see if that does anything, for those who wish to try their luck.

arlofannot2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Glad to find this post. Same thing happened to my arlo cameras on Dec 12/13. They sense the motions and I get the notifications, but no recordings. I used a different USB stick, reset the base station etc.. nothing worked, still not recording.

Looking forward to more updates on this asap. 

aljackson12
Tutor
Tutor

So I tested my Mothers Arlo which has cloud storage.. That was broken also.. She has Arlo 1 which still has the free cloud storage.. Sad .. Hope they fix this asap.. Or will return 

arlofannot2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Given that a few of us had our cameras stopped working on dec 12/13, it sounds like it may be a software problem?? Looking at the Arlo Secure app update history, the latest version 4.0.2 was updated one week ago, today is dec 18th. A coincidence? Maybe there is something wrong with this version....

With the holiday season coming up, I really need them to work by the next few days, otherwise, I have to buy another brand of cameras.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo released firmware to fix this yesterday and today.  You can get the firmware version numbers here:

and then see if you have that version.

arlofannot2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

This latest firmware version, Arlo SmartHub VMB4540 - 1.20.4.1_1311_d606780 - 17 December 2022, seems not available for my region in Australia. On my app, it still says update unavailable. Do you know if it's just a delay for my region or if it is not available at all?

aljackson12
Tutor
Tutor

Issue is fixed in the latest update