ARLO PRO VBM4000

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DC4L
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a Arlo Pro VMB4000  with 5 cameras for several years. This system is NOT user friendly and Arlo support has always been poor at best. Quickly discovered user are your best source for solutions. System had been working fine until the most recent update. 

New issues:

Geofence stopped working the day after ARLO SECURE update. 

System goes offline an random. 

Also discovered that as poor as support was, it is no longer free.

So latest update has made my system useless so far.

Has anyone else had these issues? Any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
Apw20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, having all sorts of issues since 5 Dec. Base station went offline, had to factory reset. Can't discover existing devices, had to factory reset cameras. A couple of pro 2 were then found but they are randomly dropping offline. Essentials aren't discovered at all even after a reset. Something major has happened, haven't contacted support yet but will see how that goes...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Apw20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am. Managed to get most cameras syncd now but they still randomly drop offline. I have 2 further cameras to sync but they're outside so haven't been able to try yet.  Generally it takes a long time to view live streams, if it works at all, then they go offline and come back later at some point. I've tried a brand new base station and have the same problems. Something's clearly changed somewhere...

DC4L
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, my geofence hasn’t worked since latest update.  Also, system goes offline at random.  I have factory reset by base and deleted and reinstalled latest app with same result.

DC4L
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem continues…

Geofence and offline issues continue. 

open to any suggestions.