Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Hub connection problem! ( VMB4540 )

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pythony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I start to used and connect my Arlo essential indoor camera since 14th Feb 2023, but it is the 3rd time that my smart hub VMB4540 disconnected suddenly!  And the disconnection lasted over a week!!!  I cannot get into the hub and the camera cannot record anything during the disconnected period.  What a BEST security camera system!

It just keep showing the message (in Chinese) "取得媒體庫時發生錯誤。 Arlo 團隊正在解決此問題".  It is true that Arlo is solving the problem?  Is it a global problem?  But I cannot find any announcement in Arlo's media, so what is going on?  How many days should I need to wait?  I lost my camera record since 4th May 2023 already!!!!  Should I trust Arlo?????

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you refer to Chinese messages, it may be important to know what country you're in. I believe Arlo is no longer supporting China although I may be wrong.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

Since you refer to Chinese messages, it may be important to know what country you're in.

I agree it could be relevant.  Service was ended in mainland China, but not Hong Kong.

FWIW, the translations are

• An error occurred while retrieving the media library
  • The team is working on this issue
Pythony
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think a secure camera system should be stable.  Once the user completed the setup, and the whole system works well, I think no one would touch it again.  So, what makes the problem suddenly, and quite frequently?  It almost happened once a month.
If Arlo does not support any maintainance, does it mean someone hacked into Arlo?  If Arlo is still providing maintainance (software / firmware updates), then can Arlo check carefully before releasing any updates?  If the problem occurred because of my unexpected usage, so what did I done to the system?  Arlo never tell us what error is occurred, how they fix the issue?  And how to prevent the error.....

Finally, I am a Hong Kong user.  Thanks for your reply.