Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LLarlo
Follower
Follower

I can access the app and it tells me my cameras are offline, after a moment or two of searching.  I have called the power company they say power is making it to the location.  My live view isn’t working, past clips are still playable.  Here is the kicker, I get random notifications of motion detected and a video was made, but it never shows up on the log of videos, just the old ones before the update.  Nothing has changed at the location, and I didn’t do any app upgrades.( I assume they are made automatically). The app just asks me to upgrade to the new system.  I assume the new upgrade comes with a subscription.  I have kept my system, off of a subscription service and would like to keep it so.  I bought and set it up where I monitor and store images on my own network.

I can not reset the system at the location from here, and am afraid if I do the system will no longer be operational without having to buy a new system.

How do I get my system back to the way it was before.  I assume there is a work around to give existing clients back what they paid for?  

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@LLarlo wrote:

The app just asks me to upgrade to the new system.  I assume the new upgrade comes with a subscription.  

No it does not.  And if you have the free 7-day cloud storage (offered with legacy cameras) you still have that.   That would continue even if Arlo migrates you to "Feed".

I am tagging @JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN , as they can do a back-end sync of your system which might resolve the recoding issue.

oakhalldr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, with cameras randomly showing as offline. Yesterday three of five were supposedly offline for a while, and today it's four of five at the moment. Shoddy stuff.

oakhalldr
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: I thought I'd try restarting the hub, which made no difference, so I then tried to add a new camera. The hub didn't find any but three of the four that were offline came back to life. I repeated the exercise, which again found no new cameras, but now all five are back online.