Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
MissCourts
Guide
Guide

Hey all, my partner and I recently purchased new Arlo cameras and got them all set up, I was invited onto his account and was great as when he is away I could arm the cameras etc etc. I updated the app this morning and now I can no longer change the mode from the app. This is a big let down as my partner is away a bit so being able to do it myself was a big draw. Is this a glitch or the new normal?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the continued feedback. The fix for this issue will be available in the next version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. As a temporary workaround, you can use the Web Portal at My.Arlo.com or an Android device to adjust the modes. 

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I spoke with members of the development team and they are aware that this issue is impacting some users. A fix is currently being tested and will be rolled out in a new version  of the Arlo Secure mobile app. I will provide more information as soon as I it becomes available.

JamesC

101 REPLIES 101
PCFK
Guide
Guide

Hi JamesC,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

We will eagerly await the new fix.

Kind regards.

jc95
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I just updated the app today 7/24 and cannot change it to standby or arm away etc. I’m an admin. I have to use my husband’s device to change it. We both have the same updated version of the app. I hope this get fixed asap!! 

PCFK
Guide
Guide

It’s deeply frustrating, isn’t it?

One of Arlo’s representatives, JamesC, responded by saying, that this issue should be fixed in the next app update. I’m hoping that won’t take too long.

jwalton
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, 

Any updates on this? I have multiple jobsites that are using these cameras and need users to be able to control when they arm and disarm them. 

SoftwareManager
Initiate
Initiate

We have a user with a iPhone.  The arm home arm away and standby buttons will not work.  Anyone else having the same issue?

MarkSarge
Initiate
Initiate

I migrated to the new UI months ago.  This is a setup that has worked for me and my wife for 3 years now.  Suddenly, my wife is no longer an admin and able to change status in her iPhone app.  I log in via the web and she is listed as having admin privileges.  I decided to delete and re-add her under another email address, I get the invite, click on it and create a new account, receive the email verification link, click on that link and get a successful verification notification.  Log in via those new credentials on her phone and she is NOT linked to my main account and it shows as pending in the web UI only.  I've tried multiple times with different email addresses and always get the same results.  Is this process broken completely?

Side note, your support chat bot SUCKS.  I can never get it to understand I need a PERSON, which seems impossible to get a hold of...

Petet1
Aspirant
Aspirant

this has been a recent problem for 2 accounts i have  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

2 things:

1) Support is accessed by using Settings, Support Center and click on your camera model. Scroll down to find contact methods.

2) The ability for a person who was granted access, even with the additional privileges, to be able to change modes has been a recent problem (several such threads exist that you can search for). A fix will have to be released.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062945/What-privileges-do-my-friends-have-when-I-grant-them-access-rights-in-...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick search here will show multiple threads on folks having been granted access not being able to change modes. A fix will hopefully be released soon.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the continued feedback. The fix for this issue will be available in the next version of the Arlo Secure mobile app. As a temporary workaround, you can use the Web Portal at My.Arlo.com or an Android device to adjust the modes. 

Casper_NL
Guide
Guide

Hi Shayne, 

thanks for your message. Good to hear that the issue will be solved in the next release of the app. Could you post a message here, once the new release can be downloaded?  That would be very convenient because each time someone writes a new post here, people who posted in this thread get a notification by email (which is much easier than looking each day if a new version is ready).

thanks & best regards, 

Casper

DRW514
Guide
Guide

I, as well as another family member, are having this problem as well.  It started after the iPhone 4.6 update around July 7.  Unfortunately, my phone updated on July 8, so I haven’t had access  since then.  Another family member (that we encouraged to buy Arlo cameras because of how easy the app was to operate!) lost his ability to change his camera modes following an update to 4.6 yesterday.  

Each time support sends me a case update email, they repeat the same thing;  log out, log back in, delete the app, install it again.  Why do they keep telling me to do this when the solution is on Arlo’s end???  It should not be that difficult to re-insert the ability for Admin users to be able to arm and disarm the cameras on the app in their own homes!  

Anyway - I did figure out that you can log in to your account on a laptop to arm and disarm the cameras.  However, it is a terrible inconvenience to do so, especially when you are in a hurry or if you’re 10 miles down the road when you remember you forgot to set them. 

I truly hope they update the app with a fix soon.  This has gone on way too long. 

DRW514
Guide
Guide

The concern I have with the link that jguerdat copied is that I’m not a “friend”. I’m an owner of the cameras and live in the same household as the main account holder.  The app was working perfectly before the last 2 updates.  Hopefully this is resolved soon.

DRW514
Guide
Guide

I responded to another thread earlier with the exact same issues.  I’m posting here as well so I hopefully get a notification when the much needed update is released.  I lost my ability to arm or disarm on July 8.  I sure hope it gets fixed soon because most of the time when I leave, I don’t have time to remember to log into my slow laptop to set the cameras. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DRW514 wrote:

The concern I have with the link that jguerdat copied is that I’m not a “friend”. I’m an owner of the cameras and live in the same household as the main account holder. 

Arlo still calls your account a "friend" account, to differentiate it from the primary one.  They don't have a different set of features for family accounts (though it would be good if they did).

MelyndaQ
Initiate
Initiate

Is there an ETA for the next version of the mobile App to fix this issue? 

Mike-T
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone know what version of the arlo Secure app will fix the problem?  

My wife updated to version 4.6.2 (6478) three days ago, and that’s when this problem started to occur.  

JBde
Initiate
Initiate

Dear JamesC as you replied above this is an issue after the new update. Paying a great amount of abonament would expect this issue to be solved faster. I am an Arlo customer since 7 years. Such a malfunction have never experienced. Is the fix already done? Or any way to downgrade back to the previous app version so that my partner - as well having the same issue not being able to change the mode-   can use the app normally?

AK_2023
Tutor
Tutor

When this app update will be released!!! 

PCFK
Guide
Guide

Hi ShayneS,

Is Arlo willing to refund the subscription fees, for failing to provide a fully functional service?

AK_2023
Tutor
Tutor

I spend about 2K for Arlo product last week to find out that there is a critical issue that Arlo are not willing to fix promptly! I will send the products back within 1-2 weeks if this does not get fixed!

DRW514
Guide
Guide

JimC, ShayneS,

Last night, another family member (who is a shared user in her home) noticed that her Arlo app on her iPhone had updated to same version that I am using:  4.6.2.  She is still able to access her Home and Away buttons.  When I asked her what operating system she was on, she said IOS 16.6.  My system update had not been pushed to my phone yet, so I searched for the latest update and downloaded it.  I was hopeful that my app would start working properly again following the update, but no such luck.  I logged out, deleted the app, re-installed it and tried again.  The buttons are still grayed out.  Why are some shared users with iPhones not affected while others are?  

For other possible iPhone users:

This is NOT an acceptable work-around, but at least on my phone, I can go into Routines, select Automations, hit the plus sign, hit Add Schedule and set a schedule for the cameras to Arm Away or Arm Home at a certain time on a certain day.  So, when I had to leave yesterday, I set a schedule for 2 minutes past the current time.  (Example:  Thursday, 5:06 pm, with the action of Arm Away).  The cameras did arm at this time.  When I returned, I set another schedule with the time I returned home to change the cameras to Arm Home.  I then swiped left on the schedules to delete them.  Keep in mind that my app logged me out twice while trying to do this, so have your password handy if you try this.  (The facial recognition didn't seem to work.)  I'm hoping this might help others until Arlo releases the new update.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue will be resolved in the next Arlo Secure mobile app update. This update is currently going through the approval process for release. We expect this update to be available very soon. I will keep everyone updated as we receive more information on this release.

JamesC.

DRW514
Guide
Guide

JamesC

Thank you for the update.  

Hummelmose
Star
Star

My Wife which I have invited can't turn on/off home / not home etc. in the app (She has full access) 

She can do it from my.arlo.com.

I have tried to delete her account event completly delete her arlo account and recreate it again - It #€"€"# me off, that I have to create a location when joining Arlo since I only want to join an allready excisting location. That means that she has a "don't use" location and the shared location. 

She can see all devices etc. but can't enable home / not home ...

Any ideas.